MB Milton Keynes W205 service costs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonecho

Car
W205 C200 petrol
Called into the MB dealer in Milton Keynes today to ask what the service costs are for the new C Class petrol automatic seeing that a 4 year service plan at £30 per months comes out at £1440 based on 1 service a year.

1st year A service £266
2nd year B service £355 plus £82 brake fluid change.
3rd year A service £266
4th year B service £355 plus £82 brake fluid change.

Total cost £1406 inc VAT

OK I know the price is locked for the 4 year plan but it is still dearer than pay as you go.

Also I note that a B service at MB Milton Keynes does not include a brake fluid change unless an additional £82 is paid. So is a brake fluid change part of a standard Mercedes B service or not? If not then it can't need doing and if it is it should not be listed as a separate item.

Also I was under the impression that a 4 year service was a big one yet according the the person I saw she said it was the same price as the 2 year service unless there are other optional service extras she failed to mention.

You might be interested to know, a little haggling works there. My '13 SLK had it's B service done there two weeks ago and I got the price down to £306 all in!

Can't be done at any of the MB retail dealers however (such as Watford) as their prices are fixed by MB and totally non-negotiable, but as MK is a Sytner group dealer, there is haggling room!

Last edited:
Called into the MB dealer in Milton Keynes today to ask what the service costs are for the new C Class petrol automatic seeing that a 4 year service plan at £30 per months comes out at £1440 based on 1 service a year.

1st year A service £266
2nd year B service £355 plus £82 brake fluid change.
3rd year A service £266
4th year B service £355 plus £82 brake fluid change.

Total cost £1406 inc VAT

OK I know the price is locked for the 4 year plan but it is still dearer than pay as you go.

Also I note that a B service at MB Milton Keynes does not include a brake fluid change unless an additional £82 is paid. So is a brake fluid change part of a standard Mercedes B service or not? If not then it can't need doing and if it is it should not be listed as a separate item.

Also I was under the impression that a 4 year service was a big one yet according the the person I saw she said it was the same price as the 2 year service unless there are other optional service extras she failed to mention.

I can only comment on my W204 diesel and it needs a fuel and air filter at 4 years which I have been quoted approx. £170 over and above the B service.
W205 and petrol may be different of course.

Dont forget the gearbox fluid. I assume its still changed at 37,000 ish. Just had the SLK serviced and was quoted £300 for the gearbox oil change. Me "Is that not covered by the service plan?" Response " It certainly is sir". These are the "little extras" that the service plan covers and in the end make it worthwhile.

Dont forget the gearbox fluid. I assume its still changed at 37,000 ish. Just had the SLK serviced and was quoted £300 for the gearbox oil change. Me "Is that not covered by the service plan?" Response " It certainly is sir". These are the "little extras" that the service plan covers and in the end make it worthwhile.

So an ATF change is almost twice the price of an indy:devil:

I think the atm change is recommended at 5 years or 75k on later some blue efficiency models.

This is where MB or is it the dealer servicing is rubbish. Either the car needs certain fluids and filters changed or it doesn't. If it does then it should be in the price of the service even if that that price is higher.

What if I had a MB extended warranty would I be in breach of that warranty despite a B service record if I didn't have all the extra's done?

What if I bought a second hand MB sold with a main dealer service record? The fact is the car could be on original fluids and filters yet as far as the buyer is concerned it is fully serviced?

The service plans include for all recommended filter and fluid changes including atm I think you'll find and they check the service sheet on the day for the requirements. Maybe you should check with MB Milton Keynes to make sure they have given you the right information and look at the service care plan small print.

I had an email from the local MB dealer today reminding me of imminent service required. When I checked their online quote it only included the basic B service but when I checked on the MB website the service quote came up as a B but with other requirements, air and fuel filter. Not inspiring confidence really and neither mentioned a brake fluid change, which is due every 2 years.

Last edited:
I have to say that I am not used to MB customer service. For my Ford Mondeo I would go to the service reception and ask a price and get an instant answer.

As soon as I set foot inside MB at Milton Keynes I was asked what I wanted. I was then told to sit down and someone would come out to see me. 5 minutes later a girl comes out carrying a laptop and starts giving me prices for A and B services plus brake fluid.

"So how much is a brake fluid change" I asked her. Well that stumped her so she had to go away and ask.

I then mention that I have heard that at 4 years the car needs extra service work. The girl replies no just a B service and brake fluid change.

The dealership looks really smart but after trying to buy a car from them and not getting a price and a today's episode I am not that impressed.

And they still haven't got a C Class brochure in stock which was the icing on the cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom