MB newcomer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dalebarker

Car
C220 CDI SE Evo Coupe
Hi. I'm new to the club and I'm hoping to become an owner in the near future.

I'm planning to buy a 2005/6 C220 CDI coupe (W203) with about 60k on the clock.
What do I need to look for?
I'm really confused about service intervals. How often should they be serviced and how will I know if the car has been serviced on time or late?
What should I look for in the service history? Timing belts? Gearbox oil changes? What should have been done?
What are common problems with them?
How long do brake discs last?

Anything you can tell me to help me avoid making a big mistake will be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Dale

Hi and welcome Dale. You will get plenty of info from the members. Many are really clued up on your questions. 60k is not a lot of miles so you should get a good motor. These cars have timing chains not belts so thats one problem hopefully out the way. If the car has a full MB service history all should be well (this will be on the system at any MB garage so can be checked). More info will follow l'm sure. Good luck.

Buffers

Welcome Dale. There's a lot of very clued up people on this forum so you should have no problems getting answers to your questions.

Hi Dale,welcome to the forum:thumb:

Succumbed to temptation and bought a really nice C220 CDI SE EVO. Two hundred miles later I'm a very happy boy. 60k miles, 5 MB dealer services and drives like a new car. I suppose I'll have to let the wife ride in it sometime!

Succumbed to temptation and bought a really nice C220 CDI SE EVO. Two hundred miles later I'm a very happy boy. 60k miles, 5 MB dealer services and drives like a new car. I suppose I'll have to let the wife ride in it sometime!

The history sounds good for a 60k car Dale,check the autotransmission fluid has been changed/filter(it will be ticked in the service book at around 40 k miles,if not i would get it done),generally discs will need changing every 2nd set of pads as a rule(you should get around 35k from a set of pads so discs about 70k),good luck,post some pics up please:)

Thanks to everyone. If it ever stops raining I'll take some pics. So far I'm knocked out by the car. Why didn't I buy a Mercedes sooner?

P1060354.jpg
I don't know if this will work. Just learning how to post pictures. Fingers crossed.

P1060354.jpg

Cracked it! Old dogs can learn new tricks.
This is the first dry picture of my new car.
My wife thinks it looks like Thunderbird 2, so the name sort of stuck!
It looks wonderful when it's clean, but black really is difficult to keep clean. As soon as I get it clean again I'll post some more detailed pics.
Still driving well, still doing great miles to the gallon, I just can't come up with enough excuses to take it for long drives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom