MB not giving discount on parts ordered from Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Notwen

SUPPORTER
Car
C36 AMG, C55 AMG Estate & CLK55 AMG
Just spoken to my local MB dealer on a couple of small repair panels for the C43, they are in stock in Germany - great.
But they don't give discount on special orders any more. From memory VOR was never discounted, but if I was happy to wait for a stock order, you could usually wrangle 10-20% discount.
I know there are some MB guys on here, is this a dealer wide response, or just my local dealer digging in as it's an MB part only.
If there is anyone with connections... I am after one of each;
A2026300060
A2026180032

Thanks in advance
Gareth

Just spoken to my local MB dealer on a couple of small repair panels for the C43, they are in stock in Germany - great.
But they don't give discount on special orders any more. From memory VOR was never discounted, but if I was happy to wait for a stock order, you could usually wrangle 10-20% discount.
I know there are some MB guys on here, is this a dealer wide response, or just my local dealer digging in as it's an MB part only.
If there is anyone with connections... I am after one of each;
A2026300060
A2026180032

Thanks in advance
Gareth
Try their used parts outlet. Shop soiled, excess stock etc good prices and graded.

Discount was (and still is as far as I'm aware) at the discretion of the individual dealer or group.

If you're a member of the official UK owners club then the club discount applies to all parts, even those ordered from Germany. Again, it's only from certain dealers though.

Thanks all.
I didn't try Edinburgh Patrick, any discount would have been negated by carriage, but appreciate you posting.
I spoke with the MB dealer near where we used to live who gave us discount regularly, he offered 5%. Not really worth the myther of traipsing back to my old stomping ground.
Ordered it with my local dealer, at least I can crack on when they land.

Decent pricing ?

A2026300060 = £119.40 take 3-5 working days to order into stores

A2026180032 = £19.56 take 3-5 working days to order into stores

It depends if you know the parts guy.

I have had mixed results.

Last edited:
they don't give discount on special orders any more

Depends on how well you know them I find, I get a pretty decent discount on all parts I order.

Try Steve Jenkins, at MB Edinburgh.
Do we know that Steve is still about? Is the email address at easternholdings still correct?
He sorted me a part last year but I emailed him a week ago about something else and haven't had any reply so far.

Decent pricing ?

A2026300060 = £119.40 take 3-5 working days to order into stores

A2026180032 = £19.56 take 3-5 working days to order into stores

Inc VAT that's the pricing they have quoted me.

Do we know that Steve is still about? Is the email address at easternholdings still correct?
He sorted me a part last year but I emailed him a week ago about something else and haven't had any reply so far.

I last seen him a few weeks ago when I went through to pick up some parts.

He's not the fastest at replying to emails at times, many times I email the parts over then follow up a couple of days later with a telephone call at which point I usually get the price/availability.
Seems they are very busy in parts department with ebay orders.

I bought a new 3 button key for a W202 at Reading MB the other day. £206 w/out the blade key, no discount 'cos "we only make £3 on keys."

I can understand a discount on high turn over parts but why would MB offer a discount on what are effectively special order parts from Germany,

Tbh when it comes to certain parts for older cars (20 years in this instance?) I’m often grateful that you can still get them! :)

Discount is nice when you can get it but if the price is reasonable and it’s special order from Germany then I wouldn’t worry too much? 10% on the prices Skd884 quoted would only be about £14 anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom