MB not the only make to have problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jgevers

Car
ML270CDi again, Golf TDi, Legacy Turbo 280PS, RS6 Avant
Just a note to say that my Audi RS6 is at the dealership again for some more warranty work. Another shock absorber to be renewed, and the lumbar adjustment pump in the driver's seat has stopped working.

So Mercedes is not the only manufacturer to have quality problems.......

On a lighter note, I was happy with my local Mercedes dealer, Weirs in Perth but the people at Audi Dundee are on a different level again. Everyone at this Audi dealership smiles, very thorough explanations of work to be carried out, like for like courtesy cars (well, an A6 anyway, instead of a Smart or A class at MB), phonecalls with progress report etc.

I just thought I would share this

Was that a Bilstein shock ? I'm surprised.Still I don't think MB are any better or any worse than any other German made car.Others will I'm sure disagree.The more complex the car the more there is to go wrong.Some small Kia runaround is sure to be reliable in the short term ! Looking at the Lexus and Audi forums there seems plenty that goes wrong with them too apart from rust which is a real MB weakness since around 1992.

adam

Well that's how it should be!!!! :D

In the normal world we call that CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! (You paid that when you bought the car...) :rolleyes:

big x said:
Was that a Bilstein shock ? I'm surprised.Still I don't think MB are any better or any worse than any other German made car.Others will I'm sure disagree.The more complex the car the more there is to go wrong.Some small Kia runaround is sure to be reliable in the short term ! Looking at the Lexus and Audi forums there seems plenty that goes wrong with them too apart from rust which is a real MB weakness since around 1992.

adam

Yeah, Go on the Lexus forum and search for my bitonw id and you will find my story... I lost about £4k to get rid of that problem vehicle...

big x said:

adam

Hi,

No, not Bilstein. The RS6 has the DRC suspension system that is manufactured by Kayaba..........

Cheers

jgevers said:
Hi,

No, not Bilstein. The RS6 has the DRC suspension system that is manufactured by Kayaba..........

Cheers

Ah... as I said the Japs have reliability problems.Funnily enough I read the Lexus Soarer forum and it's suspension issues that are quite common.

adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom