MB of Carlisle - who to speak to

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bryce86

Been trying to get my car booked in for a service and have asked for a best price but the man Ive spoken to never got back.

Who's the best person to speak to without asking to speak to "The Service Manager".

Ive built a good relationship with my other dealers and like to know who Im talking to.

Thanks

I had a siimilar issue with MB Chester. I just called back and spoke to someone else, who knew I'd spoken to her colleague the day before and transferred me to her, which was slightly awkward!

The trouble with MB Chester, and perhaps all dealers are the same, is that you're talking to a "service booker" - they don't seem to know anything or have any ability to negotiate. I had a target price in mind which another forum member had been kind enough to share with me when he had the same work done a few months earlier. They did go back and forth and eventually came back with a decent price, and the promise to review it further when I came in.

The actual service advisor who dealt with me when I went in was more switched on, but he had to trott back and forth the service manager to agree the price and they did knock a further £30 (I think) off. Interestingly, they thought the target price I was giving them was from an indie, and they said they would try and compete. They didn't seem to realise, despite being told, that the pricing was something THEY had charged a previous customer.

How old is your car, by the way? Seems they're usually very reluctant to discount on cars under warranty and they think they've got you by the short & curlies.

Its a 2005 55reg.

Ive spoken to another dealer who work this centralised system but they couldnt have been more helpful and efficient Problem is they further away from me (70miles).

What Im not liking is the vibe that you get that your trying to "do them" and only leaving them with £350 for "3" hours work...

I'll try again tomorrow. I'll try the Aftersales manager that Clivey pointed out, thanks.

What Im not liking is the vibe that you get that your trying to "do them" and only leaving them with £350 for "3" hours work...

What needs doing?

Most dealers have 4+ pricing, and Mercedes themselves have a 7+ scheme, which dealers seem to advertise from time to time, and then drop again: Mercedes-Benz UK - Servicing - 7+ Value Service

MB Chester did a B service, brake fluid and ATF change and flexidisk check on my car recently for £430. My target was £400. They also gave me, without asking, by miles the best courtesy car I've ever had - an E350CDi. They also did a mini-valet, which I meant to tell them not to do as I hate other people washing my car, but I forgot. I have to say it looked beautiful when I picked it up.

i wasnt that impressed with mb carlisle with my w204. i went elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom