MB of Leicester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr. shr

MB Enthusiast
Hi All,
My W220 is due a B service soon so just wondering if anyone can comment on their experiences with MB of Leicester.

I don't like my local dealer (Peterborough) and King's Lynn have also let me down so thinking of going over to Leicester.

All opinions on this Dealer (good or bad) will be greatfully received.

Thanks,
shr.

Hi All,
My W220 is due a B service soon so just wondering if anyone can comment on their experiences with MB of Leicester.

I don't like my local dealer (Peterborough) and King's Lynn have also let me down so thinking of going over to Leicester.

All opinions on this Dealer (good or bad) will be greatfully received.

Thanks,
shr.

I don't use P'boro either....but I thought you were happy with Paul @ Parkham? If it's a Main Dealer you are looking for, I use N'ton. They are OK.

Last edited:
I've used a few different dealers and can say MB-Leicester are very good, no problems at all. Definately got good guys there and take customer service seriously.

Another good one was Sterling at Worcester but they went under the amalgamation, can't comment on MB-Worcester.

I don't use P'boro either....but I thought you were happy with Paul @ Parkham? If it's a Main Dealer you are looking for, I use N'ton. They are OK.

When I was at Parkham on Saturday, I told Paul that my S Class needs to be serviced soon and I asked him if I should go to a main dealer (as it has full MB history) or should I bring it to him.
He advised that as the car is seven years old, I should maintain the full MB history and put in for a rust claim as there are a couple of minor spots coming through. (I couldn't believe how he didn't try and convince me to ditch the dealer and bring the car to him for servicing.) So yes, I am very happy with Parkham and my C Class will be going there but for the next service on the S, I'm gonna go main Dealer (on Paul's advice!!)

Interestingly, the guy I bought my S Class from lived in Nottingham and so the car has full service history from there. Bit of a way to travel though but might go over and make a weekend (expensive) of it!!

Another good one was Sterling at Worcester but they went under the amalgamation, can't comment on MB-Worcester.

Well they did and they didn't. Most decamped and set up again. They set up again as...........wait for it.................Sterling of Worcester!! And very good they are too.

I've used a few different dealers and can say MB-Leicester are very good, no problems at all. Definately got good guys there and take customer service seriously.

Thanks for this. How recently have you used MB of Leicester?
I did a bit of a search over on MBOA and it seems some people don't think too much of them. :eek:

I've used a few Dealers over the years and had problems with all. Really need a decent Dealer that's not too far from me.

If it's a Main Dealer you are looking for, I use N'ton. They are OK.

Just realised that you meant Northampton didn't you!!?? I read it as Nottingham. :confused:

Oh and forgot to mention that I have one of those discount cards from the Inchape group that says they are "rolling back the price of servicing to when VHS was king." Valid until the end of the year but obviously only usable at Inchape.
Can save over 100 pounds on servicing costs (apparently).

Anyone else get one of those cards?

Well they did and they didn't. Most decamped and set up again. They set up again as...........wait for it.................Sterling of Worcester!! And very good they are too.
arnt they part of the drayton group?????

They've got a good service and bodyshop department. They've always had a good attitude to their customers. No complaints from me.

There is also a dealer in Kettering, right on the outskirts from the A14, I went there last weekend to look at a W203, I have no expericance of the service but sales seem ok, I've heard good reports about Northampton and bad about Peterborough. I wouldn't go to them.

There is also a dealer in Kettering, right on the outskirts from the A14, I went there last weekend to look at a W203, I have no expericance of the service but sales seem ok, I've heard good reports about Northampton and bad about Peterborough. I wouldn't go to them.

Peterborough are shockingly bad. Couple of the techs are probably ok, but (in my experience) all Main Dealers are let down by their service desk.

arnt they part of the drayton group?????
No. Sterling of Worcester is a independent now. The main dealer is now called MB of Worcester, and yes, I believe they are part of the Drayton Group.

Last edited:
I use Mercedes Benz Loughborough, they've been pretty good in my experience. I know the service manager though, which helps. :)

I use Mercedes Benz Loughborough, they've been pretty good in my experience. I know the service manager though, which helps. :)

Helps massively.
I've had too many run ins with these guys in the past. Started back from when they were up in North Peterborough (Lindmere).

It's mostly the same personnel at this current location and we know eachother too well for me to be able to get a decent service out of them.

I've changed my mind about the kettering dealer, I went over yesterday to look at a C Class that they said they would bring over from another dealer only to find out they couldn't get it because it had been sold ... they could have rang to save me the trip ...

I've changed my mind about the kettering dealer, I went over yesterday to look at a C Class that they said they would bring over from another dealer only to find out they couldn't get it because it had been sold ... they could have rang to save me the trip ...

I hate the attitude of Stealers. I expect they still wanted you to come in so they could try and flog you something from their own forecourt? But I agree they should've called you.

I indicated my budget, but everything they found was waaaaay over it, worst bit was last week when we called in the 270 elegance we looked at, we were told that it would not be a very good comparrison for the Sport model, fair enough I thought, this week they suggested I try the Elegence model as its similar.... god I dislike dealers !

I indicated my budget, but everything they found was waaaaay over it, worst bit was last week when we called in the 270 elegance we looked at, we were told that it would not be a very good comparrison for the Sport model, fair enough I thought, this week they suggested I try the Elegence model as its similar.... god I dislike dealers !

Stealers are always so inconsistant. This wasn't the same person was it?

I suggest you try as many models as you can with a variety of engines and trims. Then you can decide for yourself if you can notice any difference between the cars. It's your money so you should just go with what feels right to you, not what a Stealership sales man/woman tells you should feel right.

yep it was the same salesman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom