MB paint quality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

prettyboy

Car
C63 estate, Abarth 595 Competizione convertible
Does anyone else think that the mb paint seems really soft and marks easily? Particularly the brilliant blue maybe? My car seems to pick up scratches if I sneeze near it!

My experience is quite the opposite. MB paint is normally glass hard and doesn't mark easily.

My experience is quite the opposite. MB paint is normally glass hard and doesn't mark easily.

Hmmm, interesting, and annoying. Haha! Like i say, mine seems to mark with remarkable ease. Already got a few scratches that I'm going to see if we can machine polish out as they don't come out with normal elbow grease.

Blue paint has a high cobalt content which is very soft. Standard MB paint is generally very hard.

Hmmm, interesting, and annoying. Haha! Like i say, mine seems to mark with remarkable ease. Already got a few scratches that I'm going to see if we can machine polish out as they don't come out with normal elbow grease.

If it is soft that might not be a great idea.

In the days before clear coat certain dark colours which contained a high proportion of pigment were soft but surely with modern paint finishes the clear coat is the same hardness regardless of base colour.

I'm totally clueless about this sort of thing to be honest, was just wondering what other people with brilliant blue cars might have experienced. I'm gonna get a professional detailing place to have a look at it so I'm confident they'll do a decent job of sorting it. They're only minor marks, but just annoying on a new car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom