MB Part Numbers - Multiple Choices, but which one is correct ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WoodyR350cdi

Warlingham, Surrey and Sticklepath, North Devon
Car
R Class - R350cdi
Hi all, help please. My first post and hopefully not a completely dumb question.

I used 7zap with my Vin No to get the MB Part Number for front brake pads, but there are 4 Part Nos listed. How do I determine which of the 4 given, is the correct Part No please ?

Part Nos are;

A 164 420 08 20
A 164 420 22 20
A 164 420 18 20
A 164 420 26 20

Thank you

A 164 420 08 20
A 164 420 22 20
A 164 420 18 20
A 164 420 26 20

If in doubt simply ask the dealer. ;)
Usually very competitive on pads (Edinburgh/Newcastle).

A 164 420 08 20 replaced by A 164 420 22 20
A 164 420 18 20 replaced by A 164 420 26 20

Thank you, how did you know re the replaced one's (where do you get the info from please), also how would dealers know which of the 2 remaining parts was correct if you know. thanks again

I looked them up on the official Mercedes parts system.

7 Zap perhaps wont tell you the correct part for your car, the delaer or anyone with access can look these up correctly.
The site you are looking at is probably a snap shot at a moment in time so would not be up to date. if parts have been repaced.

I looked them up on the official Mercedes parts system.

7 Zap perhaps wont tell you the correct part for your car, the delaer or anyone with access can look these up correctly.
The site you are looking at is probably a snap shot at a moment in time so would not be up to date. if parts have been repaced.
Again, thank you. Do you know if I Can get access to the official Mercedes parts system Please ?

I can't answer re the MB parts system but if they're listing different options I'd be inclined to try the dealer using your VIN.

On one of mine the usual non-dealer suppliers only listed one type of rear pad, however, the dealers listed two because there were two variations of caliper. Similar with a previous car, after fitting good quality front pads there was often a slight 'click' from front brakes when applying the brakes, which was annoying if nothing else. Eventually fixed by reverting to MB pads; it turned out that the very last of the model in question had very sightly different pads which looked the same but were either 0.5mm or 1mm larger, can't recall the detail now. Again, only one type listed by other suppliers

You need A 164 420 26 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom