MB Parts Price Increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stats007

MB Enthusiast
Car
575M
Maybe I haven't been paying much attention but it seems part prices for certain items have doubled in the last few years?

R129 Storage Bin was around £12 - now £26.
Antenna ~£40 now £80!

What's going on? :confused::rolleyes::(

Mmmm are cars going the same way as inkjet printers?
The car is sold as a loss leader but the maintenance & repair sold at large profit.

The jacking point 'bungs'/rubbers for the W201 (and no doubt others) have gone up in price from circa £2.50 to £20.00!

Bonnet/grille stars doubled in price a while back.

I guess that some parts are still refreshingly cheap, and overall compared to, say, japanese vehicles they're fairly good value in general.

Normally I get very good service and decent prices from my local dealer :)

Will

This is getting silly!

Centre caps gone up from £3.38 to over £10 each! :eek::devil::crazy:

This is getting silly!

Are you using the accessory part numbers (B6*) or the factory parts (A*) as sometimes caps are available with either and the price difference can be huge.

This is getting silly!

the blue/black ones with the laurels were always about £10 .. I wonder how much they are now.

I have a new set of plain ones with the chrome star .. from my Dad's 211

I find all parts prices fluctuate from time to time particularly from dealer to dealer as well. Mercedes have hub and satellite branches. If you buy parts from the hub dealer they should as a rule be cheaper due to buying power, stock levels, time spent on the shelf etc etc.

Obviously there is the currency exchange to consider too.

Are you using the accessory part numbers (B6*) or the factory parts (A*) as sometimes caps are available with either and the price difference can be huge.

I use the old A numbers but then get told these are superceeded by B numbers with a price increase. I tried 3 dealers - all said the same thing.

Inchcape will let you order the parts using the old numbers and prices online but then they tell you the part is no longer available and the price has gone up :rolleyes:.

Looking for 4 x A2204000125.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom