MB Road Spring Compression hire? (W210 front)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LawrenceMB

Car
Work wagon: 1998 S210 E320 . Holidays: 2000 S210 E55. Sunny days! 2000 CLK430
Hi, I'm new to the club & so my 1st posting - so 'Hi !'
Does anybody know where to hire a road spring compressor for the Front springs on my newly aquired W210 (E320 Elegance Estate). I can see you can buy them online fro about £150 - £200 but I'm only going to need to use it the once - (hopefully!) - so not being too tight I thought I'd see if there was a hire arrangement in place through the club please?
BTW: I did actually serve my apprenticeship as a technician with MB in New Zealand where I'm from, & subsequently worked fully qualified for them in both NZ & the UK in main dealerships until I moved away from the trade in about year 2000, so I'd be happy to impart anything (I can remember!) if anyone asks. The models I worked on were mainly W123, 126, 129, 140, etc up to halfway through W210 production run (even used to get the old 'roundy' that used to come in too being the apprentice!). Difinetly NOT claiming to be an expert but happy to help where I can with what I can remember. Thanks

A mechanic I know warned me off this (there is a guy on here who hires them out) explaining that the compressors (I believe they are the same for both front and rear) wear out and eventually become dangerous. He replaces his once a year.

Hi Lawrence. Can't help you I'm afraid with a compressor but welcome to the forum

Paul

Thanks for the warning mate, I'm not so worried about that side of things - I remember in the last workshop I worked in the set we had (a 129 part number on it) was about 10 years old & still going strong - it's the universal type of spring compressor I'm more worried about :)
Do you have the details of the guy who was hiring them out please? Thanks.

And Thanks to you also Paul for the welcome :)

Cheers,
Lawrence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom