MB Service care plan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash59fifty-uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C204 C63, VW Transporter
Is anyone else on a service care plan with Mercedes?

Service indicator on my dash is saying 'Service A due', but before I even bought the car I enquired about its service history with MB and they clarified it had an A service and B is due next this year.

I've read some threads on here about booking in the service but they're quite old- is it best to book it not mentioning I'm on the service plan? As some have said they might not carry out the full work due if so.

Fairly to MB so I'm yet to experience servicing with them. Experiences in the past with Subaru and BMW prepares me for the service assistant to try their all with the 'whilst you're here, let us take care of this also' gesture

The reality is that MB main dealers are variable in the level of after-sales service that they provide. I'm fortunate in that I have two good ones to choose from, but even they differ in respect to certain warranty work with one being much more willing to go the extra mile than the other.

My experience has been that both dealers will religiously follow the directions of the ESS (Electronic Service Sheet) whether the car is on a Service Plan or not. Personally I'd look up what your car is due on the ESS before you book it in. You will be asked if its on a Service Plan as a matter of course, so just be honest - you will then get a courtesy car for free. Ask them to confirm the work they will carry out and question any differences between what they say and what you have from the ESS. I've never found either of the dealers I use to miss anything out.

st13phil said:
The reality is that MB main dealers are variable in the level of after-sales service that they provide. I'm fortunate in that I have two good ones to choose from, but even they differ in respect to certain warranty work with one being much more willing to go the extra mile than the other. My experience has been that both dealers will religiously follow the directions of the ESS (Electronic Service Sheet) whether the car is on a Service Plan or not. Personally I'd look up what your car is due on the ESS before you book it in. You will be asked if its on a Service Plan as a matter of course, so just be honest - you will then get a courtesy car for free. Ask them to confirm the work they will carry out and question any differences between what they say and what you have from the ESS. I've never found either of the dealers I use to miss anything out.

Thanks st13phil, I'll take that advice

Will book it in and check the ESS prior to the service. Car will be going to the Northampton dealership who I haven't heard any bad stories about as of yet, so it's promising.

Last edited:
I've had my previous car on Service Care plan with MB Northampton for almost four years and my newly acquired one is now on it too. Excellent value for money, in my opinion, particularly for older cars, as all required extras are included - my A200 will be due transmission oil change in a few thousand miles, so the next D-service would've been rather expensive anywhere else, but still only £30 a month with Mercedes :thumb:

GLK said:
I've had my previous car on Service Care plan with MB Northampton for almost four years and my newly acquired one is now on it too

Yeah it's real good value for money, this service due would be £500+ and I'm only paying £34pm which isn't bad, big saving to be made.

In fact most things with this manufacturer are turning out to be cheaper than I previously thought them to be!

Update-

Car is booked in at MB Northampton this coming friday for it's major service (B) although... where it says about the ATF fluid etc on the ESS it is crossed out, perhaps this has already been done in the previous service? :dk:

Sometimes the garage forgets to reset the service indicator. I always check the records, the services are always in the A B sequence with additional work at certain mileage /time intervals. I don't think your AT fluid will need changing after 2 years unless you have done a very high mileage. On my previous CLK from recollection it only needed changing once after 3 years or 40,000 miles but my current E is either every 5 years or 7?,000 miles. (I cannot remember the exact mileage and am on holiday so cannot check ) In the service book it lists 3 different types of transmission with different service intervals so you need to check which type yours is. I had the CLK on a service plan with Northampton MB and they were OK. I would just add a word of caution if you keep your cars long enough to need an MOT. They introduced a MOT guarantee scheme whereby if any work was required at the next MOT it would be done foc up to £500 provided an advisory hadn't been issued previously. They phoned me and told me my discs and pads where low and recommended they be changed all round. I said as the warning light was not on I would not change them. This was obviously suggested so that at the next MOT they would not have to pay for their replacement under the guarantee. However, the car had 2 more services and MOT's and the original discs and pads were still on the car when I sold it.

Yeah BMW tried the same with me, advising that the pads were down to 40% wear and that we may as well change them while it's in, I refused and said I'm not even going to lose any sleep on the brakes till they're down to at least 15%

I emailed them about the ATF, car has just hit 91K mileage so we'll see what they say

Update-

Car is booked in at MB Northampton this coming friday for it's major service (B) although... where it says about the ATF fluid etc on the ESS it is crossed out, perhaps this has already been done in the previous service? :dk:

My car's from a different era, but they've chopped and changed the ATF interval (and indeed the requirement to change it all) many times.

Mine was showing an ATF change, but only from a VIN's which started about 2000 numbers (so probably a few days production) later than mine. So they wouldn't do it.

I've always had to guide my dealer about what needs doing and what doesn't, although it's more complicated on older cars with variable intervals.

hi just been reading all yours replys on service plans I'm new to mb I'm on a plan my c250 sport is booked in end off month for service a its all new to me is a A service a small one
andy

Rory said:
I've always had to guide my dealer about what needs doing and what doesn't, although it's more complicated on older cars with variable intervals.

I'm going to make sure I ask them all sorts when I drop it off, for piece of mind. Ah also... I've requested a courtesy car during the service, do they just give you anything? Or do they give you something equal to your vehicle. During the period I owned a vectra vxr Vauxhall would give me the new insignia vxr during services, that was fun!

A6lns said:
hi just been reading all yours replys on service plans I'm new to mb I'm on a plan my c250 sport is booked in end off month for service a its all new to me is a A service a small one andy

Yeah i believe the A is the smaller one and the B a bit more extensive

ok i will be asking loads off questions when i drop it off plus i get a courtesy car part off service plan and it will be a merc as well been pleased with mb of northampton so far

A6lns said:
ok i will be asking loads off questions when i drop it off plus i get a courtesy car part off service plan and it will be a merc as well been pleased with mb of northampton so far

If you booked online I think there's a link to view your ESS

We're local then what part of Northants are you from? I'll let you know what MB Northampton are like on Friday

ESS is here: Mercedes-Benz ESS

The MyService website should get its information from the same source but the results for may car have always been a bit random.

Ah I'm from Raunds, did live in Wellingborough for a bit a few years back

If your car has done 91K already it must have had its AT fluid changed at a previous service if it has been done correctly which should show up on the service records.

That will explain it then, I'll ask them to double check. I only have access via MB for the digital service history as I don't have any physical paperwork for the services :thumb:

MB Northampton should give you a PIN/code to allow you to access the service record through Mercedes me which is accessible through the Mercedes UK website. You will find it on the top menu line right hand end. You have to register your details and you can then see a section for service records. When you try to access them they ask for the code which is printed on the service report by the servicing garage. My car had had 2 previous services and the selling dealer who had not carried out the services had printed out the service report for me. I told him I wanted to access the reports online and he tried to tell me I couldn't and he couldn't give me the code. So I phoned up the dealer who carried out the last service and he gave me the code and I was then able to access both reports. But I was disappointed as they weren't very detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom