MB Service Contract Query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moff

Car
C63 AMG Coupe
Hi,

I have/had a service contract for my last car where I paid by DD for 2 years servicing. I've now changed my car and never carried out the 2nd of the 2 services.

Has anyone been able to transfer or get a refund etc?

I've just tried to call customers services but didn't get a response.

Thanks

moff

You should be able to transfer the service to the new owner. I very much doubt that you'll get a refund.

You should be able to transfer the service to the new owner. I very much doubt that you'll get a refund.

The car has gone back to Mercedes.

Not so bothered about a refund, more discount from a new policy for my C63.

Hi,

I have/had a service contract for my last car where I paid by DD for 2 years servicing. I've now changed my car and never carried out the 2nd of the 2 services.

Has anyone been able to transfer or get a refund etc?

I've just tried to call customers services but didn't get a response.

Thanks

moff

Send an email to [email protected]
Put the Reg no. of the car and your service contract number.
Tell them the date you sold the car and that you want to terminate the contract. If there is any refund it should be credited back to the account you paid it from.

This worked for me - I changed car after having had only 1 service and got a refund.

The car has gone back to Mercedes.

Not so bothered about a refund, more discount from a new policy for my C63.

If you have started a new contract on the new car, with the same direct debit details, then the refund from the old contract will be applied to the same account. E.g. if you're paying £30 pm on the new contract and you're owed £50 refund then the month that you get the refund your account should be credited £20.

If you have started a new contract on the new car, with the same direct debit details, then the refund from the old contract will be applied to the same account. E.g. if you're paying £30 pm on the new contract and you're owed £50 refund then the month that you get the refund your account should be credited £20.

Thanks!

Not started a new contract yet, but want to.

Cheers

moff

Hi,as in the t & c's of the service plan you can transfer it to any new owner as long as the plan is still active(i.e. within 2 years if a 2 year plan)refunds etc are not permitted(just read through my service plan agreement to verify).

Hi,as in the t & c's of the service plan you can transfer it to any new owner as long as the plan is still active(i.e. within 2 years if a 2 year plan)refunds etc are not permitted(just read through my service plan agreement to verify).

Maybe your contract is different, but I definitely did receive a refund from MB for my contract, which I terminated by email as per my post above.
I received a reply a few days later:
Dear Mr K...

Thank you for your e-mail. We can confirm the contract has been terminated as per your request.

The Service Care plan is a budgeting tool to cover the cost of servicing your vehicle, therefore the monthly payments have been calculated on the basis that your agreement will run for the contracted number of months.

If the customer wishes to withdraw a vehicle from the agreement for any reason prior to the end of the period we look at the difference between income received versus the expenditure. In this case the income is higher than the cost of the service carried out so, providing the account is paid up to date, you will receive a refund of £xx plus vat. Please note, this refund has been calculated on the contract being paid up to and including December and 1 of the 3 services being carried out.

The refund will be paid directly into the account from where the Direct Debit was taken. The refund will be processed after the 15th of the month following termination.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards

Have you had a quote on your new one? Just wondering as I will be asking fri when I pick mine up and my local dealer is bloody expensive for servicing compared to another near work...

J.
Got the 4 service/4 year plan when i collected my e350 sport a month ago-£30( incl vat),2 A & 2 B services,autobox service(atf/filter change0,2 brake fluid changes +combination/air/fuel filters-a saving of over £400 against paying at each service.

igk1 is right. You should email [email protected] with the details and ask them to cancel and refund. They will calculate what the cancellation value is and refund the lump sum to the account the money was taken from in the first place.

When I cancelled mine I did mention that I would be taking a new service contract out on the new car but I don't think that it is absolutely necessary for them to action the cancellation/refund. I found them to be very prompt and efficient.

Have you had a quote on your new one? Just wondering as I will be asking fri when I pick mine up and my local dealer is bloody expensive for servicing compared to another near work...

J.

Yeah it's £40 per month for 2 years / 2 services.

Just trying to get them to reduce that based on me paying for the last year
with no service.

Not managed to get through yet!

I sent an email to [email protected] on Monday requesting cancellation of my service contract owing to part-ex of my old car for an E250. I said that I intended to sign up to a new contract for the new car but I haven't had a reply from them yet despite sending them a reminder email. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to respond?

When I did exactly the same thing recently it took about a month to get sorted. My MB dealer who sorted this confirmed they were working on a 30 day turnaround at the minute.

Not happy as I'm owed quite a tidy sum and have been told I will get the refund next month - so over 8 weeks since cancellation

I've written twice but no reply, so emailed the address above with copies, lets see what happens.

igk1 is right. You should email [email protected] with the details and ask them to cancel and refund. They will calculate what the cancellation value is and refund the lump sum to the account the money was taken from in the first place.

Just done the above and had a positive response within 48hrs. V pleased.

However I am puzzled that an initial letter (with the service card enclosed, as stipulated in their terms and conditions), and a second follow-up letter were 'not received', does not reflect on MB Financial Services well.

From their email, their details are .......

Contract Administration
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK Ltd

Phone: +44 (0) 870 242 6200
Fax: +44 (0) 870 240 3901
Email: [email protected]

From their email, their details are .......

Contract Administration
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK Ltd

Phone: +44 (0) 870 242 6200
Fax: +44 (0) 870 240 3901
Email: [email protected]

Thanks for posting the details on here. I have that info somewhere in my files but just coming back on here and doing a quick search will be far quicker than going through my 'filing' system.

Should it be listed as a Sticky?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom