MB service history - no more books to stamp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kusanku

Car
A180cdi Avant Garde
We picked up my wife's A-class yesterday, purchased from MB Weston-Super-Mare. Being used to buying older vehicles, where you expect to check everything with a fine-tooth comb, I was applying the same strategy to the documentation here. Everything was in order, but a got a bit of a surprise when I inspected the service book, which does not feature a section for stamps. The salesman informed me that MB no longer issue service booklets to stamp, instead keeping all service records in electronic format. Should you wish to sell the car outside the dealer network, they will give you a printout on request. The justification given was that in order to prevent people from taking their cars to indies who will then put a stamp in the original MB service book, MB have done away with service booklets altogether.

Is this correct? Must admit, I am a little uncomfortable with the idea of no service book with stamps in it.

Should say that apart from this query, I found the service at MB Weston to be excellent. First time I have ever gone to a main dealer and actually bought something:)

Yes it is correct: Mercedes-Benz UK - Servicing - Service and maintenance In the back of the current book you have there is a part to store the EVA print out the dealer gives you when you have a service done.

If you going to use an indie then just order one of the service books for pre 2009 cars and get that stamped.

Last edited:
When buying cars I prefer to see invoices rather than stamps anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom