MB Servicing 'Extras'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ServiceCare is far too expensive - it's basically simply allowing you to pay monthly for servicing at full list price - and it encourages the dealers to stick with full price for PAYG customers.

There ought to be some some level of reward for committing to use the dealer if only because it gives them chance to sell extra work (brakes, tyres etc) and many marques offer heavily subsidised servicing - BMW and Jaguar, for example. It should be priced such that taking it is a no-brainer.

ServiceCare is far too expensive - it's basically simply allowing you to pay monthly for servicing at full list price

The main attraction of the Service Care Plan for me - no uncertainty in the car maintenance budget, as all the required extras are included.

Free Roadside Assistance is another useful feature.

Paying monthly is convenient, but not a deciding factor.

It should be priced such that taking it is a no-brainer.

Well, it is for me :thumb: Particularly, when I can anticipate a huge bill for a number of extra items due in the next say, two years ...

Well, it is for me :thumb: Particularly, when I can anticipate a huge bill for a number of extra items due in the next say, two years ...

That's my point really - it's only a huge bill to make ServiceCare look attractive.

It's not that many years ago I had the "everything" service on my car, including getting the ATF changed as it was never called for on my car so hadn't been done earlier, for £430. And another member on here paid even less for the same work at the same dealer.

Without wishing to bring on the scorn of of the AMG fanboys BMW service plans are much better value than MB.

I'd call a saving of any amount over £100 a 'decent' saving, £34 p/m isn't noticed and certainly better than hoofing up £600/£700 for a B service in one go

It works out cheaper on a service plan without a doubt, if the cars not too old, and the plan is started before a B service is due. The saving speaks for itself

Without wishing to bring on the scorn of of the AMG fanboys BMW service plans are much better value than MB.

This is getting silly now. You've hit the nail on the head BMW have it right.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom