MB 'Signature' used cars- extras ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulfoel

Bought my C250TD about a month ago now but still have'nt recieved any form of warranty documentation or anything.

What am I supposed to get (don't I get RAC as well) ? How long does it take ?

Did you buy it from a dealer? If so, I would've thought you'd have got the documents when you picked up the car. I pretty sure I did.

I got a new sigature warranty at the start of June. I still haven't recieved my documents yet, although i do have the blue invoice reciept that has the ref number you need should anything happen.

You do get RAC cover as well. If you already have your own RAC cover you can have that suspended until your sig warranty runs out. Just phone the RAC.

Paul
On mine I really had to chase for the paperwork. Whe I did receive something I had 3 copies to sign and you get to keep one.

I am thinking of getting the car checked completely over before it runs out. It might be worth spending the money on AA or RAC Veh inspection. As things tend to go wrong when least expect.

Cheers
Ian

My first post as new to this board but when i bought my SL500 last November it took lots of chasing and harrying from me, the supplying dealer in Harrogate and my local dealer in Maidstone before I got the warranty detail.
RAC who run the warranty said they had received the forms from the dealership either side of my number but not mine.
I guess you need to keep chasing the supplying dealer to get them to act.
As Simon said below, the blue receipt is all the supplying dealer gives you.
By the way, can the Signature warranty be re-newed at the end of the first year and at what cost for an SL.
Thanks.

Originally posted by Denis O
By the way, can the Signature warranty be re-newed at the end of the first year and at what cost for an SL.
Thanks.

Dealer has price list for warranties. Give them a call. It's based on:
- vehicle model,
- whether your car's above or below 60k miles.

Towards the end of the warranty you'll get a renew quote. Mine was £650. Dealer's book price was £595. I went through the dealer :rolleyes:

Originally posted by simonl
Dealer has price list for warranties. Give them a call. It's based on:
- vehicle model,
- whether your car's above or below 60k miles.

Towards the end of the warranty you'll get a renew quote. Mine was £650. Dealer's book price was £595. I went through the dealer :rolleyes:

I dont know how good this is compared to a signature warranty
but I got a warranty through an indipendant insurance company for my car, that covers everything except wear and tear at £250 a year and wangled free tyre and mot insurance as well.Had a few claims now and then, and never had a problem getting money off them.

I don't know if this would be of interest guys but the AA cold called me approx a month ago to offer a new service... basically a warranty on major parts for the car and the prices seemed really competitive when compared to 'Signature' and similar. Who knows, had I have taken them up on their offer I may have had my MAS sensor replaced at their cost. :rolleyes:

S.

I looked at 3rd party warranties. They are much cheaper - I was quoted £250. However, the roof hydraulics aren't covered so I decided against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom