MB SLR Construction Process... pics...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have seen that before, someone posted the whole lot on bnzsport.com

I am personally very impressed.

This is how it should be! Buy a battered old S/SE/SEC/SEL w126 v8-powered s-class (which is the best car mercedes produced that year bar none) and re-body/re-interior it as a non-production (or low-production or insanely overpriced or concept) car.

What you have at the end of it all is a £2k 20 year old s-class that runs perfectly, has a smooth powerful v8, bulletproof reliabilty, all the options you could ever want in a car (well nearly) and it looks amazing thanks to £5k of fibreglass work.

Not to mention the priceless faces at the stealership when you ask them to service it. I bet they'd park that outside the front door of the showroom "ready for collection" :D

That’s amazing. It makes me think of the cool Peugeot ad on TV – The one in India.

Originally posted by Simon
That’s amazing. It makes me think of the cool Peugeot ad on TV – The one in India.

Peugeot’s current television advertisement for the 206 has finished in first place in an on-line poll, run by the BBC Radio 4 programme You and Yours, to find ‘The Nation’s Favourite Ads’.
The advertisement beat the other entries from a final shortlist of five well-known commercials of all time, voted for by listeners to Radio 4. It received 37% of all votes, with Famous Grouse finishing in second place with 32%, and the ‘Smash’ aliens ad finishing third with 12%.

The 206 advertisement, called ‘Sculptor’, provides a highly original, alternative approach to car advertising. Instead of showing beautiful scenery and driving shots, the commercial focuses on a car from the 1950s that gets ‘re-designed’, with the help of an elephant sitting on its bonnet, and turned into a 206 look-alike by a young man who dreams of owning one and impressing the girls. The feel-good factor at the end of the film reinforces the message that the 206 is the car to be seen in.

The film was shot in India and involved a casting session of 100 elephants to find the right one to play the starring role, and the music had to be specially composed to reflect a contemporary Indian feel.

John Goodman, marketing director at Peugeot, says: "The Peugeot 206 was the UK’s best selling retail car in 2002. All the positive feedback leads us to believe that the advertisement helped boost sales, and winning this award proves that thinking a bit differently is appreciated by television audiences. Now we just have to meet the challenge of creating further commercials that prove equally appealing to the television viewer."

source: http://www.carpages.co.uk/peugeot/peugeot_tv_ad_is_nations_favourite_05_02_03.asp

off topic, but I wonder if the honda add will win the award this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom