mb spares in sheffield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alanm999

Car
2003 e320 cdi 210
hi newbie here
im looking for the connector housing that fits in the transmission case just above the auto sump pan the round one that has 2 o rings on and is held in place with a 7mm bolt a part No would be helpful also what it is actually called
also is it possible to replace this item without doing an atf drain down
bjt long winded but only just got 320 e cdi and already got problems
thanks in advance
alan

Welcome.

From what you describe I beleive the part you are looking for is called a Pilot bush and your local MB dealer will sell it, you will not need a part number just your registration number and / or VIN, they are around £20

You do not need to drain the ATF but should check the level after changing especially if you have had leaks from here. ATF levels should be checked with a fully warmed up transmission but check if your car has a dipstick, many are not fitted with one. Buy the correct ATF fluid from MB at the same time.

What are the symptoms? if leaks are left unattended then ATF can track up the cables into the transmission ECU and cause a lot of problems.

Last edited:
thanks for avery quick response much appreciated will ring mb sheffield now
alan

No connection, except as a satisfied customer (mainly for parts), but you should also consider Europa Prestige, Sheffield. Not a new sales concessionnaire, but an authorised (by MB) workshop, who appear on the mercedes-benz.co.uk website as such. Very much handier than JCT out at Tinsley, and with excellent customer attitude.

Alan

What other problems, if any are you having? Leaks here are very common, MB have re-designed the seals on the bush over the years.

David

hi let me start at the beginning bought 320e cdi on a 03 plate 110000 on Saturday from birmingham came home to sheffield no problems till i got about 1 mile from home and then the esp abs and bas light came on got home turned off restarted and it was in limp mode
had codes read and sorted but found the pilot bush leaking cleaned and all was well
so thought id replace then if alls ok do a full drain down to change atf when it gets a bit warmer
by the way first mb ive owned great car even with problems

yes thats the bit but i want to use genuine mb so as not to cause myself any grief
thanks

This isn't a big job, and the bit is not dear, as a previous poster pointed out. However, it's sometimes easier to buy replacement 'O' rings from (say) City Seals and bearings, esp if you have a spare car and can go in to see them with the part (pilot bush).

I would be inclined to agree on that, and it's what I did, but the 'O' rings only have to resist modest temperatures and ATF, so not an extreme environment. Tempting to spend coppers, and have the rings immediately available and the bit refitted de suite.

hi let me start at the beginning bought 320e cdi on a 03 plate 110000 on Saturday from birmingham came home to sheffield no problems till i got about 1 mile from home and then the esp abs and bas light came on got home turned off restarted and it was in limp mode
had codes read and sorted but found the pilot bush leaking cleaned and all was well
so thought id replace then if alls ok do a full drain down to change atf when it gets a bit warmer
by the way first mb ive owned great car even with problems

Alan

The faults you describe can be down to a number of things like wheel sensors, yaw sensor,steering wheel angle sensor but commonly the brake light switch (there may be two fitted) even if your brake lights are still working

Rather than play parts "llotto" find a local MB independant and get a Star (MB computer) diagnostic, a standard OBD reader will not suffice.

I would be inclined to agree on that, and it's what I did, but the 'O' rings only have to resist modest temperatures and ATF, so not an extreme environment. Tempting to spend coppers, and have the rings immediately available and the bit refitted de suite.

Depending on the material of the O rings ATF and the temperatures in a gearbox may well be hostile, it depends what they are designed to deal with. The OP will almost certainly need to top up the ATF so he needs to go to MB anyway :thumb:

thanks i will do that first then i will know
as you say no point playing lotto

This is Febi Bilstein, probably better than MB

Not sure why this should probably be better than MB? I doubt MB make them so I imagine they have a couple of suppliers at least for such parts?:thumb:

These 'O' rings don't live in oil, they're just there as a belt and braces seal. As the bit is outside the box the temperatures are moderate. I used Millers DM MB236.10 for my 722.6 box. Opie oils also offer options. MB are not the best bet for fluids (except SLS ZHM, for such as S124s, which is tricky to find elsewhere)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom