MB Tier 1 Warranty documents - got it handy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
Urgent plea for help!!

Anyone got the Tier 1 warranty booklet handy? I need to know if the cost of an MOT is included in the same way as it is on Service Plus.

I've always enjoyed a complimentary MOT on our cars, but when I dropped my car off this morning I was asked how I intending to pay.

I vaguely recall it being complimentary with Tier 1, and with the 3+ discount scheme, but can't check as I don't have the documents with me.

I'm gutted because I had copies at work until I tidied up last week!!

Can anybody help please?

An update. Managed to persuade Mrs D to go home and rumage around for the documents!! I fear it will at least cost me a new top!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, it seems the MOT cover included in Tier 1 does not include the cost of a test or re-test.

However the privellege scheme (for cars 3+ years) does say that you get a complimentary MOT with a service.

I'll be asking why I'm not getting a complimentary MOT later. Not impressed with how much business I put their way - spent close to £1000 today alone (12 months warranty and other bits).

Have you owned the car for less than a year? ie. is it a used car of more than 3 years old but new to you?

It seems the privellege scheme has been done away with and a new loyalty discount scheme for cars 3 years or older. Ironically, they told me about this when I booked the car in for the MOT - they'd just got the bumf in.

Unfortunately the new scheme doesn't cover the cost of the MOT - but instead offers greater discounts as the car gets older.

Still gutted though having spent a £1000 with them today.

Good news is though that it flew through the MOT - but advised tyres will need replacing soon-ish. Doh!!

Not meaning to hijack....but being new to dealing with mercedes main dealers...what are all the options? I was hoping to service my '04 car with them for at least a couple of years, we do 20k / year, do many just pay for their servicing? or do many use the schemes I hear mentioned? which is the cheapest / best option? my ears pricked up at the mention of free MOT's the salesman told me to just drop the car off nearer the time, but I thought he was just after more cash! then today I receive a copy of this tier 1 ! what are you guys / gals doing? taking any extra years? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

:)

I have extended the warranty on my AMG. It was under manufacturers warranty at first, then I extended it for a further 12 months at Tier 1 (£950) which is pretty much same cover as manufacturer warranty.

Just extended it for another 12 months at Tier 2 (£850) which is the only option once the mileage has exceeded 60k at the point which warranty commences. It has a lower level of cover, but comprehensive compared to third-party warranties.

I then have to pay for servicing - and now MOT. Good year £300 and bad year £1000!!

I had to extend the warranty as Service Plus is not available on AMGs now.

On our ML I have a Service Plus contract which covers wear and tear repairs (except tyres) and servicing for 2 years in my case (£100 per month).

Which is right for you will differ depending on when you get the prices, your car, and your personal circumstances. Best get some prices, and then get the calculator out to see what's best for you.

Service Plus is better value on both of our cars though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom