MB Travel Piot for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
MB Travel Pilot for sale

Hi all

Following installation of comand in my E55 W210, I have my old MB travel pilot SAt NAv/Cassette/Radio/CD Changer Head unit for sale. plus seperate boot NAv CD rom unit .

Needs new cables as I cant get at the old ones as they are intergated into the cars other wiring looms. Cables are available from MB parts dept.

I am looking for around £350 plus £150 for the matching 6 disc MB CD Changer. also includes latest Teleatlas 2002 Uk map CD (copy).

see other post for compatable nokia hands free car kit with radio mute & sound thru cars speakers.

on offer for for £50.

Last edited:
Steve,

Do you have any further details on the travel pilot? Is it a single DIN fitting? Any idea how much the cables would be and is it compatible with a W202?

Is it the same as the Blaupunkt travel pilot?

Cheers,

Jimmy.

I may have a lead, im gonna check tomorrow.

They are £240 new, i could do anyone from here it, at probably £90 or so i suppose.;)

Jimmy

The travel pilot is a single din head unit which connects to the sat nav CD rom unit which lives in the boot.

See V12 post ref leads - its actually a whole wiring loom that consists of cd changer leads, Sat Nav leads, GPS leads & I think all ISO leads to the back of the head unit. I guess I can get the part number thats relevant for my W210. no reason why the system should not work in any car.

The head unit is made by Bosch for MB. The MB part number is A208 820 0589 "APS BT-2/Control Unit. The display flips down to allow cassette loading (but I never used that)

Hope this helps

Have done a bit of research and am not too sure now. Trouble is I can get a New Blaupunkt DXR-70 Travel pilot for a little more than what you are asking for the MB one plus CD changer and V12's cables.

The Blaupunkt will be a straight swap for my current headunit and will work with my 10 disc changer, a half hour job to swap. The MB one with new cables and a CD ROM unit to house somewhere (not easy in an estate) sounds like a rather more involved install.

Is the Travel Pilot easy and accurate to use? I would be interested and I would prefer an MB unit but I don't think the price difference is worth the extra hassle.:confused:

MB Travel Pilot - Still for sale, Radio card, 2002 Disk, new wiring loom and includes an MB OEM 6 disc CD changer. Offers anyone before it goes on Ebay ?

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom