MB valve caps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Evening all-does anyone know the part number for these valve caps please? TIA

Last edited:
I had a set of those on my previous W202...I think I got them from ebay.

I also have been trying to trace their origin as I would like to fit them to my latest car but can't find where I purchased them.

From what I remember, they were not an official part but aftermarket.

vijilants said:
I had a set of those on my previous W202...I think I got them from ebay. I also have been trying to trace their origin as I would like to fit them to my latest car but can't find where I purchased them. From what I remember, they were not an official part but aftermarket.

I got my original set from an MB dealer and have seen them on eBay in the past but not today. I have one missing.

They're an M-B part (although there were plenty of nasty copies on eBay), but I believe they are no longer available.

BTB 500 said:
They're an M-B part (although there were plenty of nasty copies on eBay), but I believe they are no longer available.
thanks Bill.....time to look for a new design I think.

I had a set on the Vito and they were nicked while we were in Germany :(

Watch out for the "cheapies", they tend to get stuck on the valve stem. Different metals reacting I'm led to believe.

Scooby_Doo said:
Watch out for the "cheapies", they tend to get stuck on the valve stem. Different metals reacting I'm led to believe.
I read that too. A wee smear of Vaseline is all it takes

I had a set on the Vito and they were nicked while we were in Germany :(

I had a nearly new set pinched four years ago from my old W168 when it was parked in a multi-storey, on the ground level near the exit. :( Now I park as far away as possible.

Got one new set left, but am now reluctant to put them on ...

I had 2 sets nicked very quickly after getting my car so gave up at the point.

If you do get them, spray them with a bit of WD40/ similar before putting them on, as mentioned they can get stuck on :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom