MB vs Here vs Waze navi voice and instructions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Riva811

Car
CL500 Blueefficiency
I noticed the differences between the three systems:
  1. Waze thinks British English should sound exasperated (not sure about other languages to be fair). Gives way too many instructions. Some routes are really bad
  2. Mercedes has the calmest voice seems to give an acceptable amount of instructions without being in your ears all the time. Since I have ntg3.5 the routes are "standard" and maps outdated. No longer using it.
  3. Here gives really good routes although the voice quality isn't that good. Voice calmer than Waze. Amount of instructions can be a bit high sometimes but not as many as waze
Wonder what others think

Reactions: AW8
I use Waze and agree that sometimes it gives to many instructions occasionally. Waze is my go to app for satnav and is used in all our cars in preference to the built in systems.

Waze every time. Brilliant for a free app! And so much better than any built in system.

Google Maps works pretty well ... AFAIK Google owns Waze anyway?

Google Maps works pretty well ... AFAIK Google owns Waze anyway?
I think Waze was always more advanced, Google are gradually introducing more features into Google Maps that Waze already had. Looks like they bought them to get their hands on the technology.

I think Waze was always more advanced, Google are gradually introducing more features into Google Maps that Waze already had. Looks like they bought them to get their hands on the technology.

assimilation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom