MB Wakefield, special offer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

retrodave111

Car
600 grosser, 1972 109 6.3,111 220se cab, 124 E220 cab, SL320,210 E200
Anyone in the wakefield, yorkshire area this could be of interest to you, mercedes benz of wakefield are offering a rate of £50.00 per hour, and 25% of service parts, on cars over 7 years old, ring 01924 201390 and ask for sean in parts, or james in service, dave

thanks for that, will bear in mind, do you know if this is a permanent deal or a temp offer ?. :confused: I,m only 5 miles from them.
my car is currently at SPR autos stockport having CHG replaced, aircon leak investigated and intermittent start inhibit switch fault.
would have asked Ian B Walker to have a look at 124 works but I know he's busy and anyway I got a lift back from stockport with a taxi driver I know who was doing manchester airport run.

At a slight tangent to this post , back in the early 2000's I worked in Wakefield and had a 2000 E class which I had serviced in MB Wakefield.
I commuted weekly between West Sussex and West Yorkshire, one very foggy Friday just as I began my drive home the failed light warning came on. I checked and found it was a front fog light and as anyone who has an E class of that era will know it is a difficult job to replace so I ran it round to the local dealer in what I thought would be a vain request to get them to do it whilst I waited.
As I explained my requirement to the service desk a technician who was returning keys to reception who recognised me said "I'll sort that", took my keys and 15 minutes later returned the keys to me, apologised for not having valeted the car because they were too busy but said he had replaced the bulb and refilled the screen wash.
I asked for the bill to sign but he replied "no problem customer care"
I'd like to think they are still giving the same level of service under MB direct control but I was certainly impressed then!

Last edited:
Anyone in the wakefield, yorkshire area this could be of interest to you, mercedes benz of wakefield are offering a rate of £50.00 per hour, and 25% of service parts, on cars over 7 years old, ring 01924 201390 and ask for sean in parts, or james in service, dave

Just shows what a load of old tosh is fed to you when you ask for a discount on parts normally......"we can't offer a discount as we don't make much".

£50 per hour and parts at 25% off clearly still make a decent profit or they wouldn't be hunting for extra turnover at those rates.

I wonder if they will stick to "book" hours for jobs on old cars where rounded nuts, seized fittings and rust will be a factor!

Dave, give them a ring as i never asked how long it was going to last

Spoke to Sean [sounded like a nice guy who was knowledgeable and keen] about the price of a rear screen [ :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: ouch ].
The £50 per hour and 25% service parts discount will last 1 year then will be reviewed depending on how many older cars they have had thru the doors.
I got the hard sell about my next service but it would be nice to have a few main dealer stamps in the service book again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom