MB warranty, hope l've done the right thing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brushy, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Brushy

Brushy New Member

Car:
    SLK 320
    l've owned my SLK for one year now and received a letter asking me if l wanted to extend the tier 1 warranty. l have checked other warranties only to find that they did not match the MB warranty:mad: The cost from MB was £636 so we decided to go for it. l rang MB Manchester to book the car in for service and asked if l could renew the warranty. l was given the phone number of the warranty company and told to contact them direct to arrange the warranty. To my suprise they re quoted and charged me £469 for the same tier 1 warranty, needless to say l bought it. Being a typical Yorkshireman l am now wondering if l've missed something, perhaps someone here might know if there are any pitfalls in what l've done:confused:

2. Bobby Dazzler

Bobby Dazzler MB Club Veteran

Car:
    ML AMG-line Black Series
    Without seeing two policies side by side it's difficult to say, but I think if something turned out not to be covered you could argue your point with the dealer and MBUK to suggest that you were led to believe it was one and the same, given that it was described as Tier 1 and your MB dealer introduced you. Maybe worth checking small print when it arrives. I would imagine that you'd get a cooling off period given it's effectively an insurance prodcut so you may be able to change your mind. Sounds like a good deal to me though.