MB World 23rd Feb 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

h17n dj

Car
W126 500SEL
Good Evening all,

Back when we all met up at MB World on 15th December, those that came and who remembers, I booked two driving experiences. One or two mentioned to let them know when I did them and if they were free then we could meet up again. Well, I have booked them for Sunday 23rd February. The first kne is at 11am and the second at 3pm so I'll be around from 10.30am.
You are more than welcome to come as it'll be good to see you all (again).

Regards

Hiten

I havent done them yet... I'll be doing them on the 23rd Feb...
1 hour in an AMG
1 hour on the off road course in an ML

I did the 1 hour AMG experience last year, absolutely great. Would do another like a shot if someone else paid for it, - ie birthday present.

You will love them, superb driving the cars the guys really make you feel at ease and your allowed to drive as you want to a certain degree.
We went last year for the third time my oldest boy drove E class AMG and I drove E class AMG top drawer stuff loved it, we both said we want one !!
My youngest son 13years old drove an A class with an instructor loved it.
MB seem to be getting even the young kids on the desire for their cars at an early stage !!
Overall a very good family day out IMO

I havent done them yet... I'll be doing them on the 23rd Feb...
1 hour in an AMG
1 hour on the off road course in an ML

Do you know if it's easy to get a booking? Website allows me to buy vouchers but how do I confirm dates? If I can get one for 23rd, will do - 'tis my birthday this week.

Thanks guys! Really looking forward to both driving experiences. I was a bit cheeky and asked for the E, CLS, or CL for my 1 hour AMG experience. She said she's put a note on the system so hopefully one of those is available. Although I'll still be happy with the C class.

Thanks for the positive feedback which is always good to hear. If you are free and available then feel free to come... Watch me make a **** of myself haha

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

RWDpetrol said:
Do you know if it's easy to get a booking? Website allows me to buy vouchers but how do I confirm dates? If I can get one for 23rd, will do - 'tis my birthday this week.
You have to cAll up and book..... That's what I had to do anyway.... I think availability was limited Happy birthday in advance :) Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

I might pop along if I'm allowed by my social secretary

Haha fingers crossed you are allowed out mate :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using MBClub UK

Drove a CLS63 in September as part of a corporate promo.
Very impressed, drifted it around the wet roundabout for about 180 degrees and drove it as quick as I dare arond the (small) track. I need a MB large capacity V8 in my life at some point ....

Drove a CLS63 in September as part of a corporate promo.
Very impressed, drifted it around the wet roundabout for about 180 degrees and drove it as quick as I dare arond the (small) track. I need a MB large capacity V8 in my life at some point ....

Making me look forward to it even more now - cheers for the good review! Get a V8 in your life!! I love having a V8 they just put a huge smile on your face

Hiten,
Yep, I'm working on it. A C63 would be ideal for me, but in terms of value for money, a 2005 CLS55 is difficult to beat, plus it looks classy.
Something else to consider with the CLS55, is that there is significant scope for improvement, once the cooling issues have been addressed.

You'll love the driving - plus the museum is worth spending some time in for a petrolhead.

Last edited:
That would be awesome to have a C63 or even a CLS63... Wish I could own an AMG, have to think sensible though im afraid......

Yeah the museum is awesome, I visited on 15th Dec last year! hope the weather holds as i really dont want it to be cancelled!

Drove an SL63 AMG for an hour last year and can highly recommend it. Handling in the wet was a blast especially with ESP turned off. The MB guys are really helpful and the experience helped improve my confidence. Also gave me an insight into what the electronics really do.

So glad to be hearing positive things about the driving experiences.

Im not sure what I'll get to drive. They tell me on the day. .. could be any AMG I believe

It definitely will be an AMG.

1 week to go - can't wait!! Also hooe the weather is like it is today, dry and sunny

I won't be able to make the 23rd, my wife booked a spa day as a birthday present at Brooklands for 28th. A spa day?? Didn't she know there's a track there?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom