MB World and Public Transport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c43

Car
W204 - C320 CDI, Brabus chip
Thinking of going to London for a few days (as a tourist) and thought about a visit to MB World as it isn't too far from the centre of London.

Has anybody travelled via public transport to MB World?

The website states that Weybridge station is only a mile away, but I suspect this will be a small local station so will need some taxi numbers ahead of time.

Is it possible to walk from the station? I can walk a mile, but being able to walk a mile and getting to somewhere on foot can be two different things.

I do not know the layout of MB World and the Brooklands museum - can you walk between the two? I am assuming they are next to each other, but that might not actually be that close!

The museum and MB World, Brooklands are fairly close together, although the approach road to MB world is fairly long and could prove a pain to the 'weaker power walker'. MB World is not really walking distance from Weybridge station. At the station there is a taxi rank, so getting a taxi onward from the station would not be a problem and it won't be necessary to pre book a taxi. All local drivers will know exactly where MB world is. I would recommend you allocate about three hours for a good trot round MB World, and maybe a bit more if you want to have a go on the track, skid pan or off road experience. Unless you are a multi millionaire I wouldn't recommend eating there. Tesco is just next door as is M&S-very handy for cheaper refreshments, or bring a sandwich with you!!:D The muesem is also great and if you want to see both, I think you really need a full day to get all the benefits of both attractions. Have fun.

Kind regards-Jim.

Last edited:
I may be wrong, but when we visited I'm sure we saw a number of buses trundling by, so worth checking that option out too.

I may be wrong, but when we visited I'm sure we saw a number of buses trundling by, so worth checking that option out too.

Yes, there are MB World buses, but not sure what routes they run. Weybridge station is bound to have minicabs waiting at most times, as mentioned earlier.

MB World and Brooklands is an excellent day out!

Yes, you're right - there is a link (that could be clearer, if you ask me) from the website with the timetables. They run every 30 mins, so that sounds like a plan to me.

Yes, there are MB World buses, but not sure what routes they run. Weybridge station is bound to have minicabs waiting at most times, as mentioned earlier.

MB World and Brooklands is an excellent day out!

Yep, when I was there I saw the buses running like clockwork to the site.

Byfleet and New Haw station is the nearest. Turn left onto Oyster Lane, under the railway bridge, past the Bentley garage, M&S and Tesco follow the road to the left past Argos, and you will see MB World, no more than 15mins walk.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom