MB World customer exhibits/Car Storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

millo777

MB Enthusiast
Car
1997 W140 S600L/2003 S211 320cdi
I remember seeing a thread a while back with some discussion about the Museum at MB World having some customer cars among the exhibits, but can't for the life of me find the thread using the search function.

Does anybody if the museum does take customer cars for use as exhibits? and/or have the contact details for the someone to speak to about it?

My W140 S600 arrives from Dubai next week, and I was going to put into storage for 6-12 months until I find a more permanent place to live. As the car only has 45k KM on the clock and is in showroom condition I thought I may be able to save the storage costs and have them look after it!

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a good car storage facility? location isn't too much of an issue as I don't need to use the car in the short term.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I was there last week and they had customers cars in the museum part. A 190sl for sure had a notice "kindly loaned to the museum by" it also said he was a MB club member.

As above, I think they borrow cars from the 'official' MB Club. There was an R129 SL60 when I was there last.

sorry off topic but I find it a little odd the some of the cars they show are no 'factory' original. The green SEC I saw last time I was their had colour coded bumpers and a newer radio. It must be be that only likes old original stuff.

Yeah they have a few MB Club members cars which have been loaned for display. Last time I went they had a W124 E36 AMG Coupe, R129 SL60 AMG, that green SEC and a W123 280CE.

Best bet is to phone up MB World Brooklands themselves, ask for a contact in the marketing department and im sure they should be able to put you in the right direction.

They can have mine any time :D

Thanks for your replies. I'll give the museum a call week and see what they say.

If they're not interested I'll probably use tigastor as they're facility looks pretty good. Thanks for the tip bpsorrel.

I have a two other cars still in Dubai that may be coming over as well, but I could only bring 1 back tax free, so they'll have to wait a while.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom