MB world, Iphone and traffic cops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ckember

Car
GLC 350d AMG Premium plus
Went down to MB world today for the first time. What an amazing array of cars on show to play with. New E63 AMG too. Nice.

They had £10 per person for rides in the AMG cars, and even the drive yourself for 30minutes was only £50, down from £170 for 60minutes.

However the day turned bad when I lost my iphone somewhere within the complex. The staff would only take details and get back to me if it was found, after 90minutes of looking at where we had been, nothing. the phone was still on, but no one heard it ringing.

Called O2 and cancelled the sim and blocked the phone, they are sending a new sim. Didn't have phone insurance but fortunately my home contents insurance covers the phone. Only place I can get a new one is at an O2 store £395 with no sim.

Absolutely gutted that a good day out ended this way.

Also noted on the way there via the M25 that there where two sets of traffic cops lined up on the hard shoulder waiting for the nod from the van parked above the M25 on a bridge. The south bound was near J14, just after the terminal 5 slip road and north bound near J12, on the bridge just before the M3 exit hidden from view slightly.

Glad you had a nice day up to losing the phone.

Someone has that and probably e-baying it. If they block the sim that saves calls but can they block the phone IME code? so making it harder to use again?

PS Ironic you will probably find them cheaper on e-bay than £395 also I think another 'new' updated one is out soon

As above - glad you enjoyed the MB visit other than losing your phone.

Don't give up hope just yet, maybe it'll turn up in the next day or two. Didn't fall out in the car or something?

Will

sorry about your fone...im glad u had nice day .....
Aziz..

also I think another 'new' updated one is out soon

I had the same thought : I got mine at the original launch date and the 18 month contract is just about up . Apple have just recently announced the version 3.0 software . The launch of the iPhone 3G co-incided with the version 2.0 software , so I also reckon there could be a new model in the pipeline .

If it doesn't have a 'proper' car navigation package , I'll be looking elsewhere though . I saw no point at all in 'upgrading' to the useless GPS in the current model - pity , as I like everything else about the device .

still nothing been found so had to buy a new one. To get the new Handset from an O2 store you have to buy the PAYG phone and put £10 on the sim. Even though I am on contract. "This is Store Policy". So now I have a PAYG sim with £10 credit that I can't use. :mad:

If the old one turns up at some point I guess I can unblock it and use the sim.

Technically, the old one will belong to the Insurance Company that paid for the replacement.......

sorry to hear of the loss of the phone,as others have said get the imei no blocked,then usless to another.

I also went to MB world recently and took a non AMG "demo" on the skidpan. Aparently arnt allowed to call it instruction as falls foul of DSA and driving instruction laws.

Was 85 for 30 min , in my case asked for a CLK, and was in a 350 .Probably the best 85 of instruction, ooops demo I have ever taken.

full on and no wasted time, safety brief etc done before going to car.
straight out onto the wet skid pan and instr..... demo..ion on how to feel how the skid develops and how very veryquickly the wheel must be move to control and contain. the effect of esp , even though off it is still on though its effect is much reduced, there is no full off, other than presumebly in engineering mode.

To share a couple of points raised

cross hand steering can lead to multiple arm fractures when the air bag goes off.

when emergency braking on a vehicle fitted with ABS, get the brake pedal applied quickly,not building up the braking load, to get the weight thrown forward and on the front so max speed can be burnt off early on.

train...demo ..ng was given by enthuastic young gent with a racing background.

still nothing been found so had to buy a new one. To get the new Handset from an O2 store you have to buy the PAYG phone and put £10 on the sim. Even though I am on contract. "This is Store Policy". So now I have a PAYG sim with £10 credit that I can't use. :mad:

Even better, you have a PAYG SIM with £10 of credit on and free internet access for 12 months (included with the PAYG iPhone). Worth money on eBay that is...

Technically, the old one will belong to the Insurance Company that paid for the replacement.......

they haven't asked for any details of the phone I lost. even offered to give them the IMEI number, but no. So if it does show up, ebay along with the sim or my son will be very happy

Went yesterday afternoon at about 2.30 to take my kids on the £10 for 10 mins AMG drive, It was packed and needless to say the AMG ride was fully booked. They had a good hunt throw most of the cars pulling and pushing all the buttons and climbing over the seats but did not find your phone!!
It's great at WB world we use it like the swings in the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom