MB World - Sunday 12th March 11:00

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
1. Bryan Allman
2. BTB 500 (Bill)
3. Charles Morgan
4. c240sport97
5. Gaz_l
6. Liquid silver (Paul) 2012 CL63 bi turbo
7. C43AMG
8. PenelopePitstop
9. Mr Kripling
10. stumpy1

Starting to fill up nicely :)

Hi B, sorry but can't make it this time. Have fun & catch-up soon.

Matt :thumb:

1. Bryan Allman
2. BTB 500 (Bill)
3. Charles Morgan
4. c240sport97
5. Gaz_l
6. Liquid silver (Paul) 2012 CL63 bi turbo
7. C43AMG
8. PenelopePitstop
9. Mr Kripling
10. stumpy1

Just over a week to go now and a select few so far - plenty of time to add your name :)

1. Bryan Allman
2. BTB 500 (Bill)
3. c240sport97
4. Gaz_l
5. Liquid silver (Paul) 2012 CL63 bi turbo
6. C43AMG
7. PenelopePitstop
8. Mr Kripling
9. stumpy1

Apologies, I have my SM purchaser coming over from France which takes priority alas!

Was hoping to come along, but son and grandkids have decided to visit. Typical!!

Guys, I'm going to have to wimp out. I've got a dodgy shoulder and although I can still drive I'm restricting it to essential journeys only at the moment. Have a good day and hopefully I'll see some of you at BOTG..

Cheers,

Gaz

Good luck with the sale Charles :)

To be precise he came today so I moved two friends and an important delivery coming until tomorrow. Which means I still can't make it.

Very pleased to say he was a great guy and bought the SM. It goes next Saturday. I'd like to think that was the shortest period an SM has been on the market in history.

Thanks for letting me know guys - you will be missed and of course, you pick up the tab for coffees at the next GTG :)

The rest of us will spend some time talking about you whilst we drink ours ;)

Any more names wanting to join the fun, add you name to the list or simply turn up - you will be most welcome :)

To be precise he came today so I moved two friends and an important delivery coming until tomorrow. Which means I still can't make it.

Very pleased to say he was a great guy and bought the SM. It goes next Saturday. I'd like to think that was the shortest period an SM has been on the market in history.

Excellent news !! That leaves garage space for something new!! Anything planned? :)

It gives some breathing space to tidy the place up and sort my car parts out. Then I'm putting my Jaguar XJR and my BMW M535i up for sale, get my W114 finished (hello nice stainless bumpers from Germany) and only when two of the three tasks are completed will I think about it.

But I have some ideas. I just need to let the neighbours and my family think I am reforming my spendthrift ways...

I was there on Thursday, picking up my new-to-me 1 year old C200 (part-exchanging my 2.5 year old C220).

In case you're interested, there's a very nice gullwing and a 190SL on display in the foyer at the moment. I love M-B World.

1. Bryan Allman
2. BTB 500 (Bill)
3. c240sport97
4. Gaz_l
6. C43AMG
7. PenelopePitstop
8. Mr Kripling
9. stumpy1
10. Charles Morgan XJR

Back on, friends have re-arranged and neighbour will cover for delivery

Sorry but due to family circumstances I will not be able to make it. Hope you all have a good day.

1. Bryan Allman
2. BTB 500 (Bill)
3. c240sport97
4. Gaz_l
6. C43AMG
7. PenelopePitstop
8. Mr Kripling
9. stumpy1
10. Charles Morgan XJR
11. RedC220

Chucking down with rain here and forecast to stay that way all morning so will have to drop out of this one I'm afraid folks :(

1. Bryan Allman
2. c240sport97
3. Gaz_l
4. Liquid silver (Paul) 2012 CL63 bi turbo
5. C43AMG
6. PenelopePitstop
7. Mr Kripling
8. stumpy1
9. Charles Morgan XJR
10. RedC220

Bit of a washout in the end. Brought my 3 year old son with me but by the time we arrived it was raining steadily went in to show him round and left. There was a few other cars in the cornet and a tasty looking jag. Hopefully the weather will be better next time..

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Sorry to miss you!

It rained enough for our traditional talk in the car park to be converted to a long and lively chat in the cafe. Followed by our traditional commenting on the orange peel on the new cars in the showroom. They had the new E class coupe there which was really very lovely (dear Herr Daimler Benz - any chance of one with a nice radiator grill and bonnet star please like on my W124 - oh, and a nice straight six engine). Outside the Austin Morris club were having the slowest lap of the track I have ever seen, and there was the most monumentally ill-proportioned Maybach Pullman in the main hall. Lovely intelligent company and a good natter went a very long way to banishing the weather blues!

It was nice to get out today and see some regulars and also put a face to a name of someone I've been chatting to on this forum for some time.

Today's meet was a case quality rather than quantity!

The only upside of the rain is it hides the orange peel paint on the cars in the car park, mine included.

It was a sea of monochrome, it would be so nice to see some nice colours available as normal options.

Bornite, Almandine Red, Malachite Green, Spruce Green, Azurite Blue. Some of today's cars would look fantastic with a bit of colour on them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom