MB World - Sunday 21st October - 11:00am

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bryan Allman

SUPPORTER
Car
SLK55 (R172) 62.
It's four months since the last gathering of like minded souls that takes place from time to time at MB World - Therefore time for another !!:)

Bring your car, friends and any members of the family that could be interested in MB World - meet in the car park (left hand side closest to the roundabout, far row) - chat about the cars etc - retire to the MB World Cafe for coffee and a tour of the latest models. If you have brought your family or friends, treat them to a session on the track in an AMG :)

Add your name to the list ........

1. Bryan Allman

:)

Well, I haven't shown my ugly mug for ages so I'll try and make this one. Unfortunately, you'll have to put up with me turning up in a BMW..

1. Bryan Allman
2. BTB 500 (Bill)
3. Gaz_l

Hi Bryan, be good to have meet-up & chat :thumb:

1. Bryan Allman
2. BTB 500 (Bill)
3. Gaz_l
4. mattk1

+ 1

I have to stop travelling ... will wave from the plane on the other side of the world. Enjoy the meeting and take some photos.

1. Bryan Allman
2. BTB 500 (Bill)
3. Gaz_l
4. mattk1
5. C43AMG
6. Doodle

Birthday plans permitting I hope to be there, although possibly that may enforce using the Audi *spit*

(Peter, I presume +1 meant you were coming?)

Won’t be able to make it as will be in Portugal. Hope you have a good get together!!

Why do you always organise these meets when I am on holiday?
I will make another one sometime I hope. Have a good one!

That's the second time I've been away on holiday which, as I live 5 mins from Brooklands, is a pitty. Next time though

1. Bryan Allman
2. BTB 500 (Bill)
3. Gaz_l
4. mattk1
5. C43AMG
6. Doodle
7. MissyD
8. Charles Morgan. Now which non Benz to bring?

All starting to come together nicely - The weather is set to be fine that day so lets see how many more exotics we can pull together before the autumn/winter weather sets in :)

Keep the names coming

1. Bryan Allman
2. BTB 500 (Bill)
3. Gaz_l
4. mattk1
5. C43AMG
6. Doodle
7. MissyD
8. Charles Morgan

:)

1. Bryan Allman
2. BTB 500 (Bill)
3. Gaz_l
4. mattk1
5. C43AMG
6. Doodle
7. MissyD
8. Charles Morgan
9. B1RMA + Arthur
10. whitenemesis

Some years ago - in another life, a senior director at VAG headquarters told me the single biggest threat they had was despite their continuing high profitability, their share price remained low and left them exposed to a takeover by someone like Toyota, who at that time had enough cash reserves to buy out the whole group in one hit.

I said at the time that I didn't think Toyota were that adventurous, and essentially a national high volume manufacturing organisation, looking for organic growth rather than through acquisition. I still think that. Occasionally they make a move into a new market segment, but you can tell their heart isn't really in it and consists of maybe one or two models that run for years. I think Lexus is typical of that, and similarly the Prius - they should be years ahead in electric cars but they have by and large kept to the one model.

Having said that, it will be good to see a couple of 'Lexi' on the 21st and have a bit of banter with the owners ;)

Keep the names coming :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom