MB World Under 17 on and off road experiences

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by b1g1an, May 28, 2015.

1. b1g1an

b1g1an MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Thug in a silk dressing gown
    I'm thinking of getting the 1 hour on road and 1 hour off road experiences for my soon to be 15 year olds birthday, anybody got any experience (no pun intended) of these?

2. C240Sport97

C240Sport97 MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL400 and 911 GT3
    I took my 14 year old godson for the ML off road experience .. he absolutely loved it.

instructor was excellent: as he is a quite calm and was able to do stuff, he did all sorts of manouvres.

1 person likes this.
  3. ckember

ckember Active Member

Car:
    GLC 350d AMG Premium plus
    Not tried the MB world one, it was on our list, but yesterday my 15 year old son had 2 hours with a driving school from brackley at Turweston areodrome, not far from silverstone.

They also do permits to allow you to use your own car at the areodrome. The lesson was £96, the permit is £30 for two weeks.

www.drivingambition.co.uk if you are local to that area.

1 person likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    b1g1an

b1g1an MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Sold on the off road one then thanks, not 100% on the on road yet as I'm not sure if it would be too much like a driving lesson and I'm just looking for some have a go fun rather than anything too serious but want to make a day of it for him.

5. OP
    OP
    b1g1an

b1g1an MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Thanks for the suggestion but was particularly looking at Brooklands as wanting to combine it with the following day at Thorpe Park, nowhere is local to us :)

6. rsvgreg

rsvgreg Active Member

Car:
    CLK63 AMG, CLK55, Audi Q7-4.2, A6-4.2, Ducati Monster 1200S, Aprillia RSV1000R, A210 LWB
    MY daughter did this at age 13 and loved it. She is now 15 and every time I mention MB Brooklands she asks for a re-run. Plenty of time allowed, seats and pedals adapted to suit short legs and really patient instructors. We thought it was great fun and good value. Enjoy if you decide to go. I notice they have just released the AMG GT driving experience so you could slip away and sample this while the rest of the family samples the off road section.

1 person likes this.
  7. ckember

ckember Active Member

Car:
    sorry wrong website info should have been drivingambition.net.

8. ckember

ckember Active Member

Car:
    Sorry sent twice

9. JBD

JBD MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W205 C Class and ND MX5 Sport Recaro
    Went recently with work, did the track, skid pan and off road. Was awesome, highly recommend. Have to say the off road was the best, as the track is a bit narrow