MB world

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaunB

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W213 Designo Hyacinth E63
Guys

Any of you been - I'm sure some of you have.

Looks like a good day out.
I myself am from Northern Ireland, and Mercedes have suggested the Brooklands hotel for somewhere to stay.
What's the nearest airport?

What's your thoughts on the actual driving you get to do?

Cheers
Shaun

Ive not done the driving but its a stunning place, its awesome hearing the car's thundering around there test track :)

The nearest airport is Heathrow, it should take no more than half an hour in a taxi to get to Weybridge.

It is indeed a good day out, although if you want to do any driving or even a passenger ride you'll certainly need to book well in advance, it's very popular.

It's definitely worth the visit.

Display cars to paw over, a place to eat, a souvenir shop and AMG drives available.

Contact them to find out about what driving experiences are available.
It's good fun.

:thumb:

I and wifey went in February. We had a great afternoon there. Lots to see. Brooklands Museum is adjacent. We spent the morning there and walked over to MBW. MBW is also free, Brooklands isn't. Brooklands is a good museum as well.

My wife and I went recently. We did a spa 'session' at the hotel and I sneaked out for a bit to get a drive - very lucky a slot was available.

In my opinion, the track is too small if you intend to thrash the car so don't go with that thinking. However, what I really enjoyed was the emergency braking, wet braking, skid pan etc. It really surprised me how much you can throw at these cars in an emergency. Made me feel far more comfortable driving my own car afterwards. On the day, I was in a E63 saloon, bi-turbo.

The venue is also nice but I'm local so having been more than once now, I don't spend much more than an hour there each time.

Enjoy!

Definitely also do Brooklands museum while you're there.

Heathrow or Gatwick are both viable airports, Gatwick maybe 10 minutes further.

Brooklands Hotel is good but pricey. It's right on the doorstep though. A cheaper option would be the Premier Inn in Cobham, or the Days Inn at Cobham services. Both are about 10 minutes by car/taxi and so you would have to weigh up the costs.

If you want to do anything else while your in the area, then London is only 35 mins by train from Weybridge station.

-t

In my opinion, the track is too small if you intend to thrash the car so don't go with that thinking. ...

Enjoy!

Actually, I thought the track was ingenious. Whenever I am in a passenger car on a real race track (Oulton, Brands, etc.) it just seems to highlight how much the car is out of its natural environment compared to a race car. But at Brooklands, they have built a track for road cars. There are no long sweeping bends to highlight the soft (i.e road) suspension's inadequacies or the tyres' lack of grip, just short, sharp corners that are fun to dive into and scrabble out of. I can't remember the top speed I hit but you can comfortably exceed 100 on the back straight and 80+ in other places. With a narrow track width, you get a real sense of speed and thrill.
I can't recommend it highly enough as a fun way to spend a few hours.

Many thanks for the replies guys.

Have contacted them about availability.

I was there yesterday, and so was John Surtees. He was wandering around.

There's a display of his cars there currently:

I endorse the comments above. A great day out. For kids there's Brooklands. I love both places.

Many thanks for the replies guys.

Have contacted them about availability.

Let us know how you get on.

Incidentally, when you do go make sure you look over the fence on the opposite side of the car park to MB World. You can still see some of the banking of the old Brooklands track. It makes the exploits of those old time drivers even more amazing when you actually see the track they raced on.

Been there a few times now
Brooklands hotel does a Car & Spa package which is worth looking at
keeps the wife sweet
Couples Spa Breaks Surrey | Surrey Spa Days for Two | Spa Weekends Surrey | Brooklands Hotel Surrey
Keep your eye on the offers as they do change!
Found the hotel to be excellent apart from its location related to local town but there a is bus service if you are without a car.
AMG driving was excellent with great instruction and gives you a real insight into how capable the cars are, definately wouldnt want to put my own car through it.

Well, my wife bought me an AMG day for Christmas.
Really looking forward to the day, although I will not be booking until probably March.
Will book her a spa day at Brooklands hotel in return

All booked for the 26th :D

Well folks
Spent yesterday in MB world, did the AMG half day experience.
Fantastic craic, drove the new C63, an E63 and an A45.
Got myself and wife a passenger run in the E63, and boy can that thing shift, especially in the hands of the professional.
The A45 is great fun - you'd find yourself having to nip to the shops for milk about 10 times a day with it in manual!

Will definitely go back again. Also, Brooklands hotel is lovely. They even drove us to MB world as it was raining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom