[URGENT] ------>>>>> MBClub Covid-19 Response

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, all those official-looking numbers and payment reference means this looks like a Nigerian scam.

Don't click on anything. He'll fleece the lot of us.

Yeah, but the beauty is he cannot flee the country at the moment! Hah!

(Unless he is a cyclist of course....... ;) :D;) )

Done. Happy to contribute to a great forum and would be happy to do this annually to help with running costs.

I was thinking the same. I know this forum doesn't charge and are proud to run the way they do however a small voluntary contribution from members who wish to do so would help. Perhaps a section for supporters? Could have the the tutorials in there or whatever people think is suitable. Just a thought.

Done. Forgot to add a note first time, so donated twice!

Love this forum, even though it’s a few years since I had a Mercedes (now retired!)

Last edited:
I was thinking the same. I know this forum doesn't charge and are proud to run the way they do however a small voluntary contribution from members who wish to do so would help. Perhaps a section for supporters? Could have the the tutorials in there or whatever people think is suitable. Just a thought.

I seem to recall suggesting something like this quite some time ago and it bounced around a little, but was decided that it could potentially introduce problems and perceived divisions

Having said that, we now have the Paypal address......!

I have no issue with making an annual donation. But it should be voluntary like the Covid one on this thread. I suspect most regulars on here would be happy to make an annual contribution to the running costs. The nice thing about a contribution is that it can be what you feel you can afford. Every £ helps and I think an annual contribution approach would work pretty well. If we did it before Benz on the green....if there was too much in the pot due to generosity we could agree to put the surplus into the charity pot and announce the contribution at botg.

I seem to recall suggesting something like this quite some time ago and it bounced around a little, but was decided that it could potentially introduce problems and perceived divisions

Having said that, we now have the Paypal address......!

You are right - I do remember it being mentioned before. Could still be an option though depending on how things are going forward. Giving our helpful sponsors a payment break during uncertain times could be helpful. I'll not de-rail the thread, is Admin think it is viable, they can start a thread on it for opnions.

Guys, all those official-looking numbers and payment reference means this looks like a Nigerian scam.

Don't click on anything. He'll fleece the lot of us.
Shit. Rumbled

Dr.-Evil.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom