MBClub fantasy shares league.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

janner

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Turbo Technics
How about it?
Rules...
A fictitious £10,000 to invest in at least three shares with a min £2000 invested in each. No penny shares. Game closes 31 Jan 2012 and we check out who's won on the last trading day of 2012?

I’ll start
Rockhopper (RKH) 1067 @ £2.81 = £3000
Forbidden Technologies (FBT) 5000 @ 40p = £2000
Falklands oil & gas (FOGL) 9615 @ 52p = £5000

I think they might all go lower in the next 6 weeks but over the year?....

Im in but dont like your rules

£10k in gkp @ £2.65 = 3773 shares

Can i have XTR @ 2.2p ?

If so , i'll have £7k's worth = 318181 shares and £3k in NEW @ 12.25 = 24489 shares

No penny shares because that would be too easy and you must pick at least three so you have a simple portfolio and not an all-out gamble. No funds or it wouldn't be a shares league.:)

RKH and FOGL are on the AIM though ? effectively penny shares ?

RKH have a market cap of over £800M so not small fry but it's more about % rise. If your 2p shares rise to 2.5p you'd claim a 25% rise in your investment but in reality most, if not all, of that 0.5p would be taken by the spread.

But okay, if you want to play penny shares you can. It's only a bit of fun :D

Last edited:
I can't play if we can't as i don't know anything about any other companies other than on AIM which is my thing. :(

Why not do it as a monetary figure ? biggest profit ?

Anyone else want to try for the virtual beer?
Rules are flexible.

RKH have a market cap of over £800M so not small fry but it's more about % rise. If your 2p shares rise to 2.5p you'd claim a 25% rise in your investment but in reality most, if not all, of that 0.5p would be taken by the spread.

But okay, if you want to play penny shares you can. It's only a bit of fun :D

You could always insist that valuation at end of year is at the selling price rather than the buying price.......

Okay then, how did our aspiring Warren Buffetts do?
The FTSE100 rose about 10% over the year so if you picked shares using a pin and a blindfold your £10000 would now be worth about £11000.

The results
Third place goes to Howard who turned his virtual £10K into £2681, Ouch!
Second is me with £5408
and
First place is The Don. His virtual £10K is now worth £6678

Let's be honest we all did abysmally. :eek::doh::eek:

Not me !

Honestly , as I've said before , anyone who takes share tips from me needs their head examined !

So between the three of you, you lost roughly 50% of your money?

But I'm top of the losers table at nearly 80% down ;)

Seems the OAPs know a thing or two more than the city traders and stockbrokers.

Ignoring inflation, £10k under the mattress would still be £10k today ;):D

Are you guys skilled / working in FS at all?
What do you think?:D
But I'm top of the losers table at nearly 80% down ;)

XTR was especially impressive Howard. £7000 turned into £445.:eek:

Of mine, RKH (Falkland’s oil explorer) did a really bad deal with Premier Oil (another British Oil Co) giving up not only 60% of their oil discovery but 60% of their total exploration acreage and still no oil pumping until 2017. A deal with any American company would have eliminated the Argie risk and seen a nice rise.

FOGL, another Falkland’s oil explorer, drilled two wells and discovered seawater and some gas. An oil discovery would have seen a huge share price rise but that's wildcat oil exploration for ya.

FBT (video compression) was a bit of a punt. The Youtube cloud deal didn't do much for them. I wouldn't have gambled real money on them.

Not me !

Honestly , as I've said before , anyone who takes share tips from me needs their head examined !

You're share tips are legendary H. I reckon we could make a film. Saw a movie called Wall Street once. Do you think we could adapt it?

Top Investment Advice

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have £49.00 today

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in AIG insurance company one year ago, you would have £33.00 today.

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers five years ago, you would have nothing today.

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Northern Rock three years ago, you would have nothing today

But, if you had purchased £1,000 worth of beer one year ago at Tesco's, drunk all the beer, then taken the aluminium cans to the scrap metal dealer, you would have received £214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle.

A recent study found that the average Briton walks about 900 miles a year.

Another study found that Britons drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

That means that, on average, Britons get about 41 miles to the gallon!

Makes you proud to be British.

£1000 worth of beer would only be about £15 of scrap ally, but I like your thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom