MBClub newest CLK55 owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterg1965

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Audi Q7, 2018 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Porsche 718 Boxster S
:D

Finally agreed a deal on the silver CLK55! Pick it up Saturday week!

I am content that I managed to get it for the price I was prepared to pay. Very much looking forward to AMG ownership!

I rang MB customer services this morning to check to see if it is still under the MB Rust warranty and Mobilo. They said it wasn't but it could be reinstated if the car was serviced at MB soonest. I rang my local MB dealer and an A service will cost me £291 - a price worth paying I think, If they find anything drastically wrong I will go back to the trader! The service department checked, and it is not due any other periodic maintenance (ie brake fluid/gearbox oil/air filters) this time.

Very happy! :D

As an aside I rang the seller of the blue CLK500, he sold it for the asking price on Saturday! He didn't bother to tell me though!

Good news, well done!
I'm looking forward to hearing more about it and seeing some more photos.

Great New's

Bet your like a Kid on Christams Eve..

Have you been onto DVLA to buy the plate

:) :)

Which one/spec/colour etc did you go for?

excellent news ..

you will grow to love it ..

just remember to floor the throttle once in a while ... at any speed, but most fun at around 10mph :)

Great news that you worked out a good deal on the car you wanted.

My own personal feeling is that you've made the right choice, I was never very comfortable about that tatty CLK500 - it just struck me as a car that you'd never have been happy with due to the number of small niggles/problems and marks/damage on it, etc.

This '55 sounds like a beauty and I wish you all the best with it :cool:

Will

Great news Peter !! Well done !!

Post up a whole load of piccys once you get it !! :bannana:

Congrats on the car. And remember to drive it like you stole it once in a while :D

Congratulations Peter, your threads have made very interesting reading of the past weeks.

We get our new car this weekend...can't wait!

Congrats!......like I said once you drive a 55 you wont drive anything else again

Congrats! Looks stunning! Im looking at w208's as my next car!!!.....gotta keep it merc!!

Excellent result!, well done you, hope its gives you many miles of smiles.

Nice one. I am sure you'll love it. It will be a lot of fun to take that car over the road from Loch Lomand to Faslane :D ;)

Well done .... you will have a permanent smile:D on your face now..:D

Congrats on the purchase. You made the right choice by going for the CLK55 AMG rather than the poorly maintained CLK500.

Posts some pics when you collect the AMG.

Last edited:
Nice one. I am sure you'll love it. It will be a lot of fun to take that car over the road from Loch Lomand to Faslane

Not allowed. Going up that road in that sort of car means you have two unnacceptable options: (a) defiling the car by not using it appropriately (b) using the car appropriately and letting everybody in the east Atlantic and Barents know your movements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom