MBClub UK Rites of Passage [long]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobby

Car
1999 C43 AMG
Being a new member, I am catching up with all the recommended mods by scouring old and new threads. Having upgraded mats, sills, grilles, even key rings!- I decided to carry out the obligatory "SLK Evolution" pedals mod.

That was fiddly - and I lost my dinner as the Mrs. shouted out the window "You spend too much time on that car - you're obsessed!"

Now I am not overly technical - and before coming on this forum would never have dared to mess around with my accelerator pedal of all things - but low and behold, this afternoon there I was trying to get that bl**dy split pin out! It took ages, and having heard a few cracking type sounds I started getting really worried. However, having persevered I am now the proud owner of an "official" MBClub car - and I love it.

Purpose of this (overly long) post is firstly to say thanks to all of you for contributing and making this such a welcoming place, and secondly to ask you what was your "rite of passage" where you realised you were an enthusiast/ obsessive (delete as approporiate!)

Think my moment was getting the split pin out of the accelarator pedal too :D Thanks to the How to I knew it would be tricky.

Think we've all been in that position with our wives / g/f's

My wife is pretty understanding considering the mods that I've carried out & money spent...

When I spent all day polishing my 10 year old G-Wagen.

It looked FANTASTIC

Split pin was fine, but getting the brake and clutch pedals onto mine was a nightmare!

Welcome to the club :)

I realised after the first six months of working at MB that I loved their products.

I was an enthusiast the day my father bought one and showed me the build quality and how good it was compared to other cars. Needless to say as soon as Mercedes cars appeared on the company car list (back in the days when it was a great perk), I chose one. Had lots of them since:)

When i joined the forum, from home to help out MB customers.

P.S I dont own a Mercedes, I dont even drive!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom