*** MBClub UK Visit to AMG 2011 !!!! ***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobby

Car
1999 C43 AMG
Hi Guys,

I had an idea a while ago about a convoy of us AMG owners going over to AMG in Affalterbach to visit the factory and get a tour, as I've never driven my car in Europe, never taken my motor back to the mothership, and the idea of an MBClub AMG convoy conjured up dreams of a "cannonball run"-style ecapade lol!

Having discussed the idea with Olly (BlackC55) and Andy (andy27168) they said they'd be up for it so I emailed AMG:

Dear Sir/ Madam,I am a member at www.mbclub.co.uk. We have around 10-30 AMG vehicle owners who would like to come from the UK (and other parts of Europe) to the AMGfactory and studios in Affalterbach for a tour and photo opportunity.Would you be able to offer any hospitality/ offical welcome etc. for a party of such a size? The vehicles would include
standard and modified AMG vehicles of all eras, from C43 AMGs to CLK63 AMGBlacks, even an SLS and a home-made C55!! We hope you can support us to make this trip extra special. We would intend to come in May/ June 2011 but this date could be modified with your recommendation if necessary.

Kind regards,
Bobby Abedeen(UK)

Here's what they came back with:

To: bobby_abedeen
Subject: Antwort: WG: Mercedes-AMG: Contact Us
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 09:52:51 +0100

Dear Mr. Abedeen,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding a visit to Mercedes-AMG.
We welcome your interest in our facilities and would be happy to fix a date for a exclusive tour at Mercedes-AMG in Affalterbach for the AMG owners of the MB Club.
Could you please give us a few possible dates for your visit.

Visits to Mercedes-AMG at Affalterbach take approx. 1.5 hours. They cover parts of the engine manufacturing facility and the workshop where we customize cars according to our customers' wishes.

For a special event we can also recommend our Driving Academy. At the moment we are working on the program for 2011. As soon as the dates are fixed, I will send you some information about our driving events.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding a possible date for your visit.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with best regards
Ingrid Fink

Werksführungen / factory visits
Platypus PR im Auftrag der Mercedes-AMG GmbH
Mercedes-AMG Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung/ Limited Liability Company
Sitz/Domicile: Affalterbach, Deutschland/Germany
Registergericht/Court of Registry: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB-Nr. 310 155
Geschäftsführung/Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Vorsitzender/Chairman),
Tobias Moers

So! Who's up for it?! Let's start a list and then agree some dates? May/ June/ July 2011?

1:bobby - C43 AMG
2:Andy27168 - C55 AMG (W202!)
3:BlackC55 - C43 AMG Renntech

Last edited:
Well im going over on may the 1st... to take the car to spa and nurburgring

Convoying over with R35 GTR's, GT2's, Ferraris, so id be up for it then

Put me down ( Work depending )

i may well be up for doing this as have allways wanted to go , all depends on the dates .

Definitely interested.

How about a visit on Monday 30 May. UK Bank Holiday but not in Germany. So don't have to take a day off.

Leave UK Sat or Sun, vists AMG first thing Mon am. Drive home after that.

Definitely interested.

How about a visit on Monday 30 May. UK Bank Holiday but not in Germany. So don't have to take a day off.

Leave UK Sat or Sun, vists AMG first thing Mon am. Drive home after that.

That sounds like a plan! What do the rest of you think...

Sounds good.

What a great idea. End of May count me in!

Interested depending on dates as well as had always wanted to go there.

1:bobby - C43 AMG
2:Andy27168 - C55 AMG (W202!)
3:BlackC55 - C43 AMG Renntech
4:Gunning - ?? - TBC?
5:C43AMG - CL55 AMG
6:matt.13 - C32 AMG - TBC??
7:C240Sport97 - CLS55 AMG
8:Alx - ML55 AMG

yes please .. if I still have the C32

Proposed date of visit to AMG: Monday AM 30 May, 2011

Depart UK Saturday 28 May, 2011 or Sunday 29 May 2011 -- TBC.

1:bobby - C43
2:Andy27168 - C55 (W202!)
3:BlackC55 - C43 Renntech
4:Gunning - ?? - TBC?
5:C43AMG - CL55
6:matt.13 - C32 - TBC??
7:C240Sport97 - CLS55
8:Alx - ML55
9:190E 2.6 - C32

Last edited:
I'm on for that! In fact I'll be in the UK that Friday anyway for Ricky's GW trackday :thumb:

As has been said already, 30th April is not a legal holiday over here "on the continent", but I'd happily take a day off to meet up with you guys:rock:

I'm on for that! In fact I'll be in the UK that Friday anyway for Ricky's GW trackday :thumb:

As has been said already, 30th April is not a legal holiday over here "on the continent", but I'd happily take a day off to meet up with you guys:rock:

the suggestion is 30th May

I would like to come but I can't do the date proposed as I go away on the 28th May, school half break that week, if you have other date options please do post them!

Any other proposed dates on this away from school holidaysor is the date now fixed?

I would be up for that but can't do this date as I am in Vegas that week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom