MBClub Xmas GTG Event Location Suitability.

• Gaydon Heritage Centre

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Rowton Hall (Cheshire)

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Chatsworth (Derbyshire)

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Devonshire Arms (Derbyshire)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
Options

1. Gaydon Heritage Centre
2. Rowton Hall (Cheshire
3.Chatsworth (Derbyshire)
4. Devonshire Arms (Derbyshire)

Gaydon looks ahead.

Does, doesn't it? Cheshire is geographically better for me - but having it in the Midlands means potentially more members of the forum :bannana:

Mercedes Museum Stuttgart ?

Maclaren in Woking ?

There must be a MB facility not far away .... I am sure that Daimler wont mind.

MBWorld are OK for GTG but Mclaren won't let anyone near woking:(

How about the centre of Britain, near Dunsop Bridge? perhaps? :)

Lancashire would be easier for me, but we're a democratic bunch. I wonder where the centre of GB would be if we considered the shetland Isles to me joined up by an imaginary line from the North coast of Scotland. Maybe nearer my neck of the woods :D

Lancashire would be easier for me, but we're a democratic bunch. I wonder where the centre of GB would be if we considered the shetland Isles to me joined up by an imaginary line from the North coast of Scotland. Maybe nearer my neck of the woods :D

I thought you said GB, not british Isles. If it's British Isles then it's definately further south, and that's if you only count in the Channel islands, let alone the really Southern ones.

I thought you said GB, not british Isles. If it's British Isles then it's definately further south, and that's if you only count in the Channel islands, let alone the really Southern ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles

Going by this I'm not so sure. Furthest South Island is closer to southern most point of mainland GB than the most northern tip of shetland is to the most northern point of mainland GB. Ergo this point lies further north.

I have made enquiries of Gaydon ( favorite so far) to see if they can accomodate us.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=57110

Here is the reply

"Thank you for the enquiry.
The dates you have suggested are available for your visit.
We have no special events on these weekends, however
there will be clubs and organisations holding meetings as
usual.

I will send a Clubs and Groups pack in the post.

Group rates ( 12 or more people ) Organiser: FREE
Group members: £6 per person.
I can reserve an area for your parking
with signage.

Other options in package.

Any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

I will be away on holiday next week.

Regards
John Bishop
Car Clubs & Groups Co-ordinator"

If everyone is in agreement I will pursue the opportunity to keep the dates open :)

Last edited:
I have made enquiries of Gaydon ( favorite so far) to see if they can accomodate us.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=57110

Here is the reply

"Thank you for the enquiry.
The dates you have suggested are available for your visit.
We have no special events on these weekends, however
there will be clubs and organisations holding meetings as
usual.

I will send a Clubs and Groups pack in the post.

Group rates ( 12 or more people ) Organiser: FREE
Group members: £6 per person.
I can reserve an area for your parking
with signage.

Other options in package.

Any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

I will be away on holiday next week.

Regards
John Bishop
Car Clubs & Groups Co-ordinator"

If everyone is in agreement I will pursue the opportunity to keep the dates open :)

Lets go with it. Thanks for investigating.

Unless anyone comes up with any major objections ( or exciting alternative such as McClaren in woking!?:bannana: ) I will book Gaydon on monday next for a GTG on the 7th Dec

http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/index.html

May i suggest that we meet at 10-am Sunday 7th Dec at the Heritage Centre which would allow people driving from further afield to come to the area on saturday or get there with an early morning start.

There are of course many attractions in the area depending on where you are coming from and it could be a good family weekend Christmas treat

eg
Stratford on Avon ( RSC- Romeo and Juliet on saturday)
Bicester Village designer outlet for last minute shopping...this could be a good venue for another GTG sometime
Banbury itself is worth a visit
Warwick & Kenilworth Castles

For those who want somewhere reasonable to stay overnight there is a new Holiday Inn Express just off J11 M40. (£54)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/bbyuk?_requestid=1879669

As its a Saturday night before Xmas Banbury will be quite busy but I can recommend Whatley Hall which is in the centre and has relatively secure parking
For those who like a good ( very good!) lunch there is the Butchers Arms at Priors Hardwick..
http://www.thebutchersarms.com/Welcome/index.php

Run by a Portuguese gentleman who loves cars and food!
This is a firm favorite with those from the Motor Industry in the area , particularly Jaguar, Land Rover, Aston Martin,Prodrive etc

or many pubs in the outlying villages ( Moon & Sixpence at Hanwell, Red Lion at Cropredy, Griffin at Chipping Warden are amongst the best.

I will see if i can blag any extra treats from MB, Jaguar, Aston etc for the day

Can someone, who knows how, start a sticky with names of thos wishing to attend and if they are staying overnight...given enough overnighters it may be possible to negotiate a group discount!

Last edited:
As ther are only 19 people so far who seem interested in the GTG at Gaydon I will hold off making any arrangements at this time as its really not enough to fire up the Heritage Centre ( my experience is up to 50% drop out rate for any "organised" event made months ahead!)

I know its a long time to Xmas and we may not really want to think about it, but these things get booked a long time ahead and particularly if you want accomodation etc

I will resurrect the booking form when we get 30 people interested on the above poll. I dont want to contact MB,Aston, Jag, Prodrive etc and find theres a very poor turnout!:(

Christmas GTG - Sunday 7th Dec 2008 - Gaydon Heritage Centre

Putting my oar in...

If you are interested at this stage, add your details below for GTG (and room if wanted) so the good people who kicked this off can gauge interest and numbers.

MODS - relevant for a sticky?

(Who, GTG?, Room?)
ST6
Gollom & Suzy Cute - GTG + Sat Room + GTG
MattC & Partner - GTG only

Last edited:
I would be interested - will ask boss later. No overnight accomodation required

ST6
Gollom & Suzy Cute - GTG + Sat Room + GTG
MattC & Partner - GTG only
Bobby Dazzler - GTG only

Status