MBClubUK Merchandise and stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mozzer

Car
Disco and E250 Cab
OK been thinking about this for a while and reading the "Why are there two forums" post has made the thought re-emerge.

On nearly all of the other forums I have been on, there has been merchandise and Owner Club memberships. So for a nominal fee (normally as near as dammit, at cost and the rest of the proceeds go to the club anyway) you could get MBClubUK clothing, mugs, umbrellas, etc. We could also promote the site by having everyone on it having a car sticker with the website address - no need for flyers :)

We could also be trying to get a subscriptioned club together whereby we can quote paid up membership numbers and then start to see if we can beat suppliers (insurance companies for example) down on price a little so that there are discount prices for members. I have contacted the skyline version of what I mean so that they can tell me what benefits members get and will keep you posted. I have also been thinking that with some very nice cars owned by the guys on this forum, we have been missing a trick in not printing a calendar which would be issued to members each year, possibly along with a quarterly newletter.

I guess what I am asking is, before I start talking to suppliers, printers, etc, it would be worth getting a gauge of interest, has this already been done or do you feel by doing any or some of the above it would demean the site ?

Last edited:
Mozzer said:
OK been thinking about this for a while and reading the "Why are there two forums" post has made the thought re-emerge.

On nearly all of the other forums I have been on, there has been merchandise and Owner Club memberships. So for a nominal fee (normally as near as dammit, at cost and the rest of the proceeds go to the club anyway) you could get MBClubUK clothing, mugs, umbrellas, etc. We could also promote the site by having everyone on it having a car sticker with the website address - no need for flyers :)

We could also be trying to get a subscriptioned club together whereby we can quote paid up membership numbers and then start to see if we can beat suppliers (insurance companies for example) down on price a little so that there are discount prices for members. I have contacted the skyline version of what I mean so that they can tell me what benefits members get and will keep you posted. I have also been thinking that with some very nice cars owned by the guys on this forum, we have been missing a trick in not printing a calendar which would be issued to members each year, possibly along with a quarterly newletter.

I guess what I am asking is, before I start talking to suppliers, printers, etc, it would be worth getting a gauge of interest, has this already been done or do you feel by doing any or some of the above it would demean the site ?

1. We have no definitive logo, typeface etc for the site. No real identity other than the banner. We have gone through the motions are doing something before, but with no real result.

2. Grav did organise some car stickers once, but these were just for the forum URL. They worked, but only because they were simple. Print the URL on a mug and it wont look much in the same way the car stickers did. Issue 1 would need resolving before we can have branded merchandise in my opinion.

3. Although Koolvin has accepted donations in the past when hit by a larger bill for running the site, he has his own opinions and choices on whether or not the forum takes money or goes down the advertising route. This is really the decision of Koolvin the forum owner and Maff the host.

Good idea in Principle why not get some ideas going and have people design a MB Club Logo if only for a bit of fun.

A paid membership club would take up far more time to administer. Especially as this is on a national level.

The Burton Car Club I am with is paid membership club.

There are several commitee main members

Club Chairman, Vice Chairman, 2 Events Organiser, and various other 'staff'

We have many discounts with suppliers which works on a local level. But being national many members would not see real benefits without the club being split down into regions at least. Realistically the most discount a Club can expect to get is between 10-20%.

Just my thoughts :)

I feel we are more Forum than Club even though we do have GTGs once in a while.

OK no worries, it was just an idea and I was unaware that some of these things have been done or tried before and I was not intending to take over the world or tread on peoples toes. :)

I'll can it - but I did think that one of the things we could have done was a logo competition.

Koolvin sorry if I've been out of order :eek:

Cheers

S

Last edited:
Mozzer said:
- no need for flyers :)
d070.gif

jukie said:
Has our esteemed member been excommunicated???
d035.gif

GrahamC230K said:
1. We have no definitive logo, typeface etc for the site. No real identity other than the banner. We have gone through the motions are doing something before, but with no real result.

2. Grav did organise some car stickers once, but these were just for the forum URL. They worked, but only because they were simple. Print the URL on a mug and it wont look much in the same way the car stickers did. Issue 1 would need resolving before we can have branded merchandise in my opinion.

3. Although Koolvin has accepted donations in the past when hit by a larger bill for running the site, he has his own opinions and choices on whether or not the forum takes money or goes down the advertising route. This is really the decision of Koolvin the forum owner and Maff the host.

I do part of the admin duties on an E-Type register set up and ran from the USA, the owner Roger Los to offset some of his own costs has produced a logo and now sell T shirts, sweatshirts, mugs etc have a look at www.xkedata.com and you will see the type of logo he has used basically an old E-type steering wheel with the site url on, looks smart. You can also add a good quality picture of the series of car you have.
It might be the type of thing to aim for or give you a couple of ideas.

Dave
876160 XKE owner

I should have added that you should go to store on the menu list on the left and you will be able to see the full range.
The steering wheel was chosen because it is easily identifiable with the E-Type. So something like the MB logo with MB club UK running through would be good.
Don't know about any copyright issues though with the MB star.

Dave

Dave Kerr said:
Don't know about any copyright issues though with the MB star.
Can't use the MB star, the words "Mercedes-Benz", or anything that could be misrepresented as being authorised by MB/DC. They are pretty hot about this unfortunately.

what about a screen print of the forum logo (at the top of the page)

we could have 'MBClubUK' in the same typeface as the forum logo in grey over the left breast ......

and a large screen print of the current logo (rectangular box, with shudes car in the snow) with the logo superimposed over it , a la forum header across the back , say 6x20 inches ?

I think that would look way cool !! also , if we did a different T shirt as the seasons progressed and we change the logo (like the daffodils one) then people could start collecting them , like Crew Clothing do with their rugby shirts ....... there's no star logo involved, and its just a photograph of a members car ... so should be ok if MB get wind of it ?

Good plan ?

A Kent car dealer was taken to court after its logo and colouring bore a striking resemblance to that of Mercedes-Benz.

Used a similar typeface, a mixture of blue/silver signs and a logo that looked similar-ish to the three-pointed star. Mercedes-Benz lawyers gave them a right thumping.

That was the thanks they got for being an MB main dealer for 17 years before being turfed out in the great ethnic cleansing of 2002.

Satch said:
A Kent car dealer was taken to court after its logo and colouring bore a striking resemblance to that of Mercedes-Benz.

Used a similar typeface, a mixture of blue/silver signs and a logo that looked similar-ish to the three-pointed star. Mercedes-Benz lawyers gave them a right thumping.

That was the thanks they got for being an MB main dealer for 17 years before being turfed out in the great ethnic cleansing of 2002.

Oh Viking hell!! whatever next? :D

I know I'm a newbie and shoot me if you will ;) but I still think you guys are on to something here. You have a fantastic logo which placed on the left breast of a polo shirt for instance would look absolutely fantastic (I would buy one). Logo car win do stickers and even different styles if tax disc holders would also go down a treat! Mugs, USB drives etc etc. Maybe, maybe not. Would be god though :)

I know I'm a newbie and shoot me if you will ;) but I still think you guys are on to something here. You have a fantastic logo which placed on the left breast of a polo shirt for instance would look absolutely fantastic (I would buy one). Logo car win do stickers and even different styles if tax disc holders would also go down a treat! Mugs, USB drives etc etc. Maybe, maybe not. Would be god though :)

:doh:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/shop.php

Lol :)

I did say I was a newbie lol

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Good ideas there mind!! Two of them have been used! BOOM!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Do you guys still make any with just the URL - MBClub.co.uk?

I'd like a couple for the rear quarter windows, people can see it from the sides but I can't see it in my view - you could say I'm OCD, tax disc annoys me! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom