MBOA gone wild?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
We know we have a good forum here, so talk of other forums is not forbidden (as on some )and I know most of us frequent other MB forums as well. If not because they are any use but to help out others with our wealth of info!

Anyway, although sometimes slow moving and perhaps not as upbeat as us, MBOA has been a forum I go to occassionally.

It has always been under moderated in my opinion and only usefull for more basic information as opposed to how to retro fit a Command, but of late it seems to have gone wild!

There are a few new members who seem to pop up in every thread that have killed the forum - it seems to be full of cruddy info or confrontation now.

Does anyone here play an active role on that forum, noticed the same etc?

Yep... as I'm sure you've seen, I still kick around there.

Recently there have been one or two new members that have completely turned things around. I've given up trying to put them straight now.

I'm sure you know who I mean so I wont mention any specific names but some of the replys are just a deliberate attempt to antagonise.

I have noticed that at least one of them has joined here so may well be reading this thread.

sorry to be o/t in o/t but just a quicky, spike you weren't out an about today around jct8 of the m40 today were you? if not you must have a double

I never log on there anymore, always just seems to be full of members who post one question, then never return.

i occasionally help out over there... but yes - (no mention of certain four wheel drive old british cars... eh.. nudge wink)

guy

ive not been there for ages.

It went downhill a long time ago. :(

I think I've only ever posted two questions on there, including one recently. It never got a single response. I ended up sending a PM to one of the more respected people on there (Piestore) - a real nice guy and mine of information (think he works at a dealer?).

Other than that, here IS the place to be for all things Emm Bee.

Greg

wiggy said:
sorry to be o/t in o/t but just a quicky, spike you weren't out an about today around jct8 of the m40 today were you? if not you must have a double

Not me mate.. not junction 8. Sure you mean Junction 8?

I haven't posted at MBOA in a very long while. The forum seems devoid of any community spirit at all.

RichardM said:
I never log on there anymore, always just seems to be full of members who post one question, then never return.
Rich,

Agree 100% with your observation mate. Great shame really.

S.

It was the first board I found and I posted the usual newbe questions when I was thinking about buying my car :) There was a good bunch of guys that really new the mark and as a result I got some good advice that made buying my car much easier. When I bought my MR2 a few years back I started hanging on a US board. I made a comment about engine swaps between the 1zz and the Celica 2zz I got lambasted for being a dumbass! so I just stopped waisting my time with them :( its a shame. cos but for a few idiots there was a lot of good advice to be had there.
The problem is that these boards exist on freedom of expression and if you think your opinions are gonna get stamped on then you don't bother sharing them and you eventualy end up with a dry board with only a few voices to keep it going.

I don't think that MBOA are anywhere near that stage yet and I am a regular on there still, but more needs to be done to make sure that posts don't get flattened in their tracks by "unhelpful" comments. That said though things have improved of late but it still needs watching. :)

...this forum is definately better than 'the other one'. There is a real sense of community and I for one am very grateful for the replies and advice given to my questions, (even the ignorant ones!).
Les

I joined MBOA many moons ago - before I found this one :D but found it terribly boring and many posts simply went ignored(not necessarily mine I only posted twice I think) even when there must have been someone who could help.

As we keep saying;

MBClub UK IS the best online MB forum - ever :D

pammy said:
I joined MBOA many moons ago - before I found this one :D but found it terribly boring and many posts simply went ignored(not necessarily mine I only posted twice I think) even when there must have been someone who could help.

As we keep saying;

MBClub UK IS the best online MB forum - ever :D

Now Pammy has 'confessed' so will I :eek: . I've been there as well. Got to agree, my limited postings were, I felt, ridiculed and a couple of posters took the mike' out of my choice of car and limited mods :eek: . Not here though :D

Portzy

portzy said:
I felt, ridiculed and a couple of posters took the mike' out of my choice of car and limited mods :eek: . Not here though :D

Portzy

we're just biding our time P - you just wait :p

portzy said:
... I felt, ridiculed and a couple of posters took the mike' out of my choice of car and limited mods :eek: . Not here though :D Portzy

Erm ... Dirty chrome? Need I say any more? :D

K

Kinky said:
Erm ... Dirty chrome? Need I say any more? :D

K

Eye, that and references to obtaining my sunblinds from Laura Ashleys' :mad: and, 'Are they floral or pastel' :( at least it was something along those lines.

Portzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom