Mboa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Club Veteran
Car
Not always
As many of you will be aware , as a lot of us are members of both fora , there has been a bit of a stushie over there these last few days , after three members got 'banned' .

One of them , if I'm honest , possibly deserved it as he'd joined up then proceeded to make a number of hostile posts , but the other two : a father and his daughter who bought a Mercedes of her own then subsequently joined up ( I think innocently ) using her dad's computer and the same contact email address were both banned under the 'multiple accounts' rule .

This , apparently unjust , ban sparked a storm of fury from the members with three threads being started , no visible comments from mods/admin , until one of them popped up , closed the three threads and told everyone it was not a suitabloe topic for discussion and not to start any more threads on the subject .

Despite my having tried to stick up for the underdogs throughout , I responded by saying if that was how they wanted to run their forum , I no longer wanted to be part of it and asked them to delete my account - I won't be going back .

I'm not protesting about the specific rights or wrongs of the individual bannings - just the way the whole matter was dealt with .

At least on every other forum where such things have happened , mods usually give a visible warning to wrongdoers and have seen it done a number of times , because good admin staff don't want people leaving under a cloud . Not the way it works on MBOA , apparently , though .

Incidentally , they have a link at the bottom of their forum pages marked 'Mercedes Benz Club' (no hyphen) which goes to the MBOA homepage - a bit misleading , I thought since The Mercedes-Benz Club is a different organisation entirely .

They never warn you at the other place.Is a shame though as THC is a funny guy :eek: I bet they don`t know about this forum :rolleyes:

Last edited:
At least his ban is only temporary .

Pity he got off on the wrong foot (claw) here .

At least his ban is only temporary .

Pity he got off on the wrong foot (claw) here .

Did`nt know he was a member here,but his threads always get closed at the other place

iirc. THC arrived here amid a blaze of self-publicity. When his particular brand of humour didn't go down too well with some he left in a huff after throwing his toys out the pram.

As many of you will be aware , as a lot of us are members of both fora , there has been a bit of a stushie over there these last few days , after three members got 'banned' .

One of them , if I'm honest , possibly deserved it as he'd joined up then proceeded to make a number of hostile posts , but the other two : a father and his daughter who bought a Mercedes of her own then subsequently joined up ( I think innocently ) using her dad's computer and the same contact email address were both banned under the 'multiple accounts' rule .

This , apparently unjust , ban sparked a storm of fury from the members with three threads being started , no visible comments from mods/admin , until one of them popped up , closed the three threads and told everyone it was not a suitabloe topic for discussion and not to start any more threads on the subject .

Despite my having tried to stick up for the underdogs throughout , I responded by saying if that was how they wanted to run their forum , I no longer wanted to be part of it and asked them to delete my account - I won't be going back .

I'm not protesting about the specific rights or wrongs of the individual bannings - just the way the whole matter was dealt with .

At least on every other forum where such things have happened , mods usually give a visible warning to wrongdoers and have seen it done a number of times , because good admin staff don't want people leaving under a cloud . Not the way it works on MBOA , apparently , though .

Incidentally , they have a link at the bottom of their forum pages marked 'Mercedes Benz Club' (no hyphen) which goes to the MBOA homepage - a bit misleading , I thought since The Mercedes-Benz Club is a different organisation entirely .

I thought only 2 were banned, who's the third.

There are always two sides to a story. This is the reply from the mods on the other side. Seems reasonable to me.

Multiple accounts - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

Thanks for pointing it out .

On reading over it - hmmmm ....... possibly .

However , the bit about mods only working office hours : they were able to instigate the bans when they did ; why not just post a quick explanation of why the bans were imposed , or better still give the 'wrongdoers' one public warning for their conduct , stating that repetition will result in a ban - this works well most everywhere else .

As I said already - not so much the rights or wrongs of the bans themselves that concerned me , more the way they were handled .

There are plenty of other forums around , and most of my friends are on the other ones as well , so I'll leave it at that .

I did not know :p Not been on since last March though :rolleyes:

Forums are strange things, they really can bring out the worst in people. 'Tis weird...... Maybe folks just take them too seriously :dk:

Seriously,seriously, what are you insinuating.

I did not know :p Not been on since last March though :rolleyes:

Forums are strange things, they really can bring out the worst in people. 'Tis weird...... Maybe folks just take them too seriously :dk:

Well said, I do like both places.
Moving back on topic, since all of this kicked off I've had time to think about it and think the mods could've done a better job on it.
I think we need mods like we have on this forum over there, you do a great job guys. :D

Renault, you missed off the question mark. :D
(That felt good)

Cheeky.

Anyway, did you read my link above. Does it not provide a little enlightenment as to what went on...especially the bit about the date of birth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom