MBtec how can you tell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lynall

MB Enthusiast
Car
The silver one.
My wifes car a 01 C320 Avantgarde
has what i though were black leather seats, but after reading about mbtec material i am not so sure.

Mine you can see is leather straight away but then some of mine has got a bit thin around the edges:p

It feels hard if that helps which i doubt!

I will go and take a piccy

Lynall

Pics, had another feel! and even more unsure now:confused:

Lynall

Last edited:
More pics

Last edited:
I am not completely sure about newer MBTex, but older MBTex (ie. in W124 and W201) the seats are bouncier than the leather equivalent and also leather should be smoother, whereas MBTex is a bit "squigier".

There are obviously benefits to both, leather feels better when you touch it and in hot climate it is much nicer to get into than Vinyl, however vinyl (MBTex) can stand time longer and also can stay in much better condition.

My W114, which is 35 years is still wearing (I believe) the original interior.

I would go MBTex everytime as unfortunately I prefer durability to comfort!. Judgin by the photo and the slight crease on the side I would imagine that it could be leather?

Last edited:
just type your vin in here

http://old.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng

if it says leather twin then they are not..

To be honest, to the eye they are very similar... MB tex or Twin is just a lot tougher...

If you put them side to side you would see the difference, otherwise you would not.

I wouldnt worry about it, wouldnt devalue your car in any way. Id prefer to have twin actually..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom