MBUK Customer Services

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I certainly don't think your being unreasonable and hopefully your attitude will pay dividends.

When we had our problems I became great friends with 6the person that dealt with our issues and surprise, surprise..... These people are human beings and they tend to react in exactly the same manner as the rest of the human race. Be rude to them and you will probably loose out, be just like your good self and you will\should be treated in the manner you treat your customers.

Good luck and fingers crossed

regards
John

Fourthed - sounds like you're quite entitled to that, especially since you've been dealing with it in a dignified and patient manner.

Agree - I managed an extra year on my C class by being firm but polite

You won't have any problem - if you haven't already, ask for the extended warranty to restore you confidence in the car, and the brand. I've known them do precisely this on numerous occasions.

OK.

I got Diana back last night and although I've not had the chance to water test the seals properly until maybe the weekend, they certainly seem to look the part which is a start. The trims were taking anything from a day to a month to break but I'm certain that was because of the ill fitting seals.

All along I intended to have the smoked black plastic trims painted Iridium so on mentioning this they have given me a pair, (free!), to have painted up and they have also offered to fit them, (free!).

Oh, and now for the best bit, I have been given an extra years warranty also which is being formalised and typed up as I speak. :D

Which is both handy and welcome because the existing one runs out in about 14 hours :eek:

Portzy.

Portzy

The problems your having is this on an SLK, and if so is it the R170 or R171?

it worries me its the 171 as I have just recommended this to a potential customer who keeps his cars for about a decade, I dont want to give the guy a 10 year headache!!!

OK.

I got Diana back last night and although I've not had the chance to water test the seals properly until maybe the weekend, they certainly seem to look the part which is a start. The trims were taking anything from a day to a month to break but I'm certain that was because of the ill fitting seals.

All along I intended to have the smoked black plastic trims painted Iridium so on mentioning this they have given me a pair, (free!), to have painted up and they have also offered to fit them, (free!).

Oh, and now for the best bit, I have been given an extra years warranty also which is being formalised and typed up as I speak. :D

Which is both handy and welcome because the existing one runs out in about 14 hours :eek:

Portzy.
Great result and a lesson to all those that think it clever to rant and rave. Well done and fingers crossed all works out for you.

Regards
John

Portzy

The problems your having is this on an SLK, and if so is it the R170 or R171?

it worries me its the 171 as I have just recommended this to a potential customer who keeps his cars for about a decade, I dont want to give the guy a 10 year headache!!!

Hi.

The car is an R171 September 2005 vintage. I wouldnt baulk at recommending one to friend or customer, as in your case, as I'm convinced mine was a bit of a Friday car at the time. That said, the car has been pretty much re-built since I bought her, (said with a certain amount of ironic eye-rolling).

Portzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom