MBUX Apple Carplay and Navigation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salman1997

Car
A Class
Hi,
I have a 2018 A Class with the two bigger mbux screens. On the system it does not give me the option for apple carplay and when i connect my phone with the wire no carplay shows up.

i also cant see the navigation on the drivers side screen, which should be standard? Would anyone be able to advice. Thanks

Welcome.

Run your VIN through an online VIN decoder, and look for the following options:

14U - Smartphone Integration Package
16U - Smartphone Integration Carplay
17U - Smartphone Integration Android Auto

This will tell you if your car has the Apple CarPlay option fitted.

If it does, then it may need to be activated.

Also, make sure you have the correct cable, connected to the correct USB port on the car. And reboot your iPhone before trying again.

CarPlay is not standard on the car, so as @markjay says you need to check the datacard if you believe it was optioned on your particular car and then we can go from there.

To display navigation on the right hand screen use the controls on the right hand side of the steering wheel:
  • Press the Home button
  • Using the small scroll pad, scroll left or right to Navigation
  • Press the small scroll pad to select
  • You can now select the various navigation displays between the speedo and tacho by scrolling up or down on the small scroll pad

Welcome.

Run your VIN through an online VIN decoder, and look for the following options:

14U - Smartphone Integration Package
16U - Smartphone Integration Carplay
17U - Smartphone Integration Android Auto

This will tell you if your car has the Apple CarPlay option fitted.

If it does, then it may need to be activated.

Also, make sure you have the correct cable, connected to the correct USB port on the car. And reboot your iPhone before trying again.
Hi, after checking through the VIN decoder it doesnt have it there. Is this something I can purchase from Mercedes separately.

CarPlay is not standard on the car, so as @markjay says you need to check the datacard if you believe it was optioned on your particular car and then we can go from there.

To display navigation on the right hand screen use the controls on the right hand side of the steering wheel:
  • Press the Home button
  • Using the small scroll pad, scroll left or right to Navigation
  • Press the small scroll pad to select
  • You can now select the various navigation displays between the speedo and tacho by scrolling up or down on the small scroll pad
The option doesnt show on any of the 3 dials on the right hand side. It doesnt show on the menu when you switch between views on the right side aswell. Anything to do with navigation is just missing on the drivers screen. Asked mercedes they said it should be standard but its just not there

It doesnt show on the menu when you switch between views on the right side aswell.
In that case it sounds like a fault and a visit to the dealer before the warranty expires...

Hi, after checking through the VIN decoder it doesnt have it there. Is this something I can purchase from Mercedes separately.

Contact [email protected] with your VIN number, they will be able to advise if Apple CarPlay can be retrofitted to your car and also provide a quote.

The option doesnt show on any of the 3 dials on the right hand side.
So just to clarify, when you scroll through the menu in the centre of the righthand display you see all of this:
XVd9Nj1.jpg

...and this:
qE7M45Q.jpg

with the exception of "Navigation"?

Its a car with MBUX. You need to pay for CarPlay on the Mercedes Me Store application and it will get enabled over the air
Cheers
Richard

Hi I am having the same Nav missing from driver side instrument cluster display, hence it is not an option on my cars heads up display also. I have a 2018 AClass with codes 859, 458 and 549 installed as per my VIN Check. Can anyone guide me please?

So just to clarify, when you scroll through the menu in the centre of the righthand display you see all of this:
XVd9Nj1.jpg

...and this:
qE7M45Q.jpg

with the exception of "Navigation"?
Yes that is right the Nav is missing for me too. Any idea how to fix the issue so that Nav appears there and I am able to project it to my heads up display. Thank you in advance

Firmware updates possibly ? Its done by the instrument cluster control unit and the MBUX control units

I am also unable to update the software. The system connects to my mobile hotspot successfully but then when I checked the internet status it tries to connect to the hotspot and after sometime it says offline

Hi,
I have a 2018 A Class with the two bigger mbux screens. On the system it does not give me the option for apple carplay and when i connect my phone with the wire no carplay shows up.

i also cant see the navigation on the drivers side screen, which should be standard? Would anyone be able to advice. Thanks
Hi Salman did you manage to fix the missing navigation issue from the driver side instrument cluster? I am having the same issue. Please let me know the solution if you have managed to find it. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom