MBUX Dashcam Intermittent Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzmerc

Car
A200 Saloon
Hi,

I have a 69 plate A200 Saloon which I have downloaded the dashcam from the store. The dashcam is intermittent with the following error...."Camera not available"

This is sporadic, sometimes it won't start recording, sometimes it will start recording but then stop part way through a journey and then display the error. Sometimes it records without any issue.

It's a pain because the only time you can tell the camera is recording is from the red dot on the main menu screen. Knowing my luck I will have an accident and the camera won't be recording!

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks

Well this is a great forum

You may find that many MB Owners on here just don't have access to the MBUX Dashcam, so no one can comment on your Problem! ;) :rolleyes:

Have you tried the A Class Forum? 🤔

@Benzmerc, I have the same issue with a GLC. This is what I received from my MB dealer:

MBUX multimedia system: Dashcam temporarily inoperable
Topic number LI82.85-P-073387 Version 1 Function group 82.85 - Navigation and Communication systems Date 8/2/21 Validity Model series 118, 167, 177, 213, 238, 247, 253, 257, and 290 with code 21U

Complaint The customer may note that the Dashcam feature is inoperable with one of the following complaints:
• The "Dashcam" icon may not be present in the Mercedes me & Apps menu
• After selecting "Dashcam" the message "camera unavailable" may be present Cause Current software release of MBUX multimedia system (A26/17) or USB drive.

Remedy Ensure the following requirements are met for Dashcam video recording (refer also to digital operator's manual in the MBUX display):
• A USB device must be connected to the multimedia system with FAT32 or exFAT formatting. It is suggested to use a USB drive from a reputable manufacturer. The USB drive must have space available for the recording.
• The Dashcam icon may take up to 1 minute to populate after ignition ON. This is normal operation
• For the US market automatic recording is not possible and the recording mode (loop/individual) must be chosen and started after every ignition cycle Regular formatting of the USB flash drive improves the reliability of the video recording function.

Updated MBUX multimedia system (A26/17) software (E830.7) will be released Q3 2021 which will improve the stability of the dashcam functionality.

Needless to say that the above mentioned MB update did not solve the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Hi, and yes it happened to me this morning...It’s been working fine for the past two weeks when I installed it at the cost of £200.
However, I went out this morning and pressed ‘Loop’ and the red dot came up to show it was working fine, but after stopping the car for 20 minutes and returned after shopping it refused to record, just kept telling me function unavailable !!!

However, I went out this morning and pressed ‘Loop’ and the red dot came up to show it was working fine, but after stopping the car for 20 minutes and returned after shopping it refused to record, just kept telling me function unavailable !!!
It should work after deleting some files on the USB drive. It has a bug with overwriting and when the memory stick is full the dash cam crashes.

It should work after deleting some files on the USB drive. It has a bug with overwriting and when the memory stick is full the dash cam crashes.
Thanks for that @zenflex; however I wouldn’t have thought that possible as I have just bought 128GB USB-c and it’s only been in 2 weeks.

Try to use an old memory stick no bigger than 32GB.
OK, I thought I was being clever by using a large USB; I’tv got a ‘Music' 'Speed Cams' & ‘Record' folders all on the one USB

I experienced the same problem while using a 256GB SSD. It functioned for a period of time before ultimately ceasing to operate. Subsequently, I happened upon an old 32GB USB stick which appears to be functioning reliably for the most part. Over the course of six months, I only encountered a solitary issue when the stick was full and the overwriting function ceased to work. It is regrettable that MB has not rectified these vexing glitches.

It is regrettable that MB has not rectified these vexing glitches.
Absolutely, many thanks for the info, I will buy a 32GB stick

Very strange this, I haven’t changed anything since yesterday; same memory stick and I haven't deleted any files and yet it recorded perfectly this morning both times there and back.

It is regrettable that MB has not rectified these vexing glitches.
I think I have found the glitch, well at least one of them...If you press "Loop" after one or two minutes after driving off it records every time; however, if you press "Loop" immediately after starting the engine you invariably get "Unavailable"

I've been getting "Function Unavailable" for the last two days, so I removed the USB and put it in the computer only to find it was full, which leads me to believe that the "Loop" function is not overwriting the earliest data.

I have deleted 3/4 of the footage and see what happens tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom