MBUX dashcam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GavinH101

Car
A class e250 hatch
My wife has a Mercedes A class with the premium package upgrade 2021 registered. She has seen the dashcam option on the stores app. Is it worth it and is it a normal dashcam? Hers is a A class E-250

The dashcam option became available on my GLE last week for £200.00 (lifetime). I purchased it because the car is new (less than 100 miles). I got it for convienience rather than having to put a standalone on the dash/window then having to use the cigarette lighter or pay to have it hardwired. The quality is OK(ish) it records to a memory stick so getting the footage from the car is very easy compared to a standalone. The positives are: no setting up, it's either on or off, the negatives are: does not record in Full HD, speed is in KPH, records front only (no rear or interior) and you have to manually start it every journey as it is not autostart, I would hope that some of these will be sorted in time.

To conclude for me it is for convienience.

I did the same. The quality is good enough but not HD. I find having to remember to turn it on a real pain and also you can't seem to turn it on until the car has found the memory card which takes about 60-90 seconds. I use a small USB stick with a blue LED which flashes and that sort of partially reminds me. Mercedes Motto "The best or nothing" doesn't apply to Dashcams it seems. :)

It’s funny because I went to my local dealer last week, my car is a 2021 e400d coupe new facelift and went to ask for this new update as apparently the update came out after March 2021 and my car is reg Jan 2021. The guy had finished with my car with other minor work I wanted him to check, told me that the dash cam isn’t available in the UK?? And they cannot do a update for a option you can’t get here?? I think he’s talking rubbish as I know a lot of people have the option on their car. I think I may need to go to another dealer who knows what they are talking about.

Any thoughts on why he would be giving this false info?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom