MBUX Voice Control Apple CarPlay/Music

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldhamuk

Car
Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 Premium Plus
Morning Everybody.

Last month I took delivery of a new GLC which has the new MBUX system in. My previous Mercedes have all had Comand system and I was able to control my Apple Music App plus other apps over CarPlay using just my voice.

However since having MBUX I don't seem to be able to perform the same actions using solely my voice. If I ask for music it is trying to use USB or Buetooth rather than via CarPlay. I can obviously select it using the touch screen or touch pad but that means I'm not looking at the road while I do that which is a step back for me. I don't remember having to configure anything specific previously on my CLA's or GLC's or the mobile phone but could be wrong.

Does anybody know if this is still possible with MBUX or is this no longer available.

Kind Regards

Mark.

Welcome.

Are you sure that you are connecting your iPhone using Apple CarPlay? If so, then you should be using Siri.

Try pressing and holding the voice button for a couple of seconds rather than a quick push. This should activate Siri, as @markjay has suggested.

Yeah holding the button has done it. Shame Hey Mercedes can't do it but at least the function is still there.

Thanks

Mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom