mbz 3744 on e300 d 1996 new mot and 11 months tax bargain!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
again are you selling or listing as a discussion for the benefit of the forum?

That plate is not worth £3k

valued at 3k with regtransfer as it reads zetta which greek italian name, and again friends selling giving it a helping hand and might be interesting forum members

Perhaps list the plate as a "stand alone" lot on the bay. Trying to sell the two together at that price will put people off methinks.

Good Luck with the sale.

Plate is worth no more than £500 max, probably a lot less.

You need to put alot more effort into the advert.
One photgraph isn't going to sell a car even if you offer more by email.
And about the plate: how many greek italians are looking to buy an s124 e300?
The plate is a bog standard irish plate worth no more than £500 to the vast majority of purchasers.
Thinking about it, no mention of servicing, mileage or number of owners, all of which have a very big effect (along with photographs) on people's willingness to go further.
My reasoning is that if you can't pay for enough photographs in the advert, what else have you been skimping on with the car.
Sorry mate but the advert needs to be better to tempt people.
Regards
Les

valued at 3k with regtransfer as it reads zetta

The only person that would believe this is Stevie Wonder.

Admin please, do us all a favour and bump this **** off:wallbash:

You're 'avin a larf int'ya?

as for the plate go to regtransfers and see mbz plates avail and their prices min is around 1k, anyways i will pass comments to the guy, he was using free listing to advertise it. pics avail on request from the seller

Looking at newreg and retransfers, it is true some MBZ 4 number plates are listed up to around £3,500 but the vast majority of MBZ 4 digit plates are £500 - £700 on these sites which include the (unknown) commission. Just because your friend has given regtransfers permission to sell his plate and named his price, all regtransfers have done is add their commission on top. It doesn't mean the plate is worth £'000's unless someone actually parts with the cash. Think about it: There are 9,000 MBZ plates out there, all with 4 digits. And why are there so many available MBZ plates with £'000's prices? (hint: no-one has yet bought them).
Les

Looking at newreg and retransfers, it is true some MBZ 4 number plates are listed up to around £3,500 but the vast majority of MBZ 4 digit plates are £500 - £700 on these sites which include the (unknown) commission. Just because your friend has given regtransfers permission to sell his plate and named his price, all regtransfers have done is add their commission on top. It doesn't mean the plate is worth £'000's unless someone actually parts with the cash. Think about it: There are 9,000 MBZ plates out there, all with 4 digits. And why are there so many available MBZ plates with £'000's prices? (hint: no-one has yet bought them).
Les
what u say is true but it is more valuable as it has a name in it zeta, so has at least double value than normal, but u r right it is when it is sold real price is set, mbz is known and Mercedes BenZ many mercedes benz owners use it to hide the age of their cars, never the less the combo with the car with 115k 7 seater 1996 w124 e300 multi valve diesel one of the last made is still a good buy:devil:

another friend wanted to buy yaz 2000 for their daughter yasmin born in 2000, the seller said to her plate sold for 5k so u c it is not one size fits all pricing these plates is an art and u do need good luck too, somtimes u pump the price so u get a reasonable offer and avoid waisters, and a buyer who wants it bad enough with stash of cash.

K1ngs sold for over 100k i believe as two middle eastern fought for it, i was offered K11NGS i thought the loser might buy for 10k i was told the loser will buy premium no he does not want to appear as second best another example:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
But that's all nonsense, the example you give of a £5K plate - YAZ 2000 - is nothing like the ones you're selling. That one has a name in it and a memorable number and actually looks fairly valuable. Your ones are a struggle to invent any rationale for buying, the numbers and letters are neither visually appealing nor memorable :crazy:

what u say is true but it is more valuable as it has a name in it zeta, so has at least double value than normal, but u r right it is when it is sold real price is set, mbz is known and Mercedes BenZ many mercedes benz owners use it to hide the age of their cars, never the less the combo with the car with 115k 7 seater 1996 w124 e300 multi valve diesel one of the last made is still a good buy:devil:

another friend wanted to buy yaz 2000 for their daughter yasmin born in 2000, the seller said to her plate sold for 5k so u c it is not one size fits all pricing these plates is an art and u do need good luck too, somtimes u pump the price so u get a reasonable offer and avoid waisters, and a buyer who wants it bad enough with stash of cash.

K1ngs sold for over 100k i believe as two middle eastern fought for it, i was offered K11NGS i thought the loser might buy for 10k i was told the loser will buy premium no he does not want to appear as second best another example:thumb::thumb:

My neighbour runs the UK's 2nd largest reg transfer company, I mentioned this reg to him and asked for his opinion his reply is below;

Hi Paul - basically this is a freebie issue to NI vehicles. To buy it into stock we would offer £10 and we would pay the £80 transfer fee (assuming registered at DVLA,Swansea - not NI). We would probably retail at £190 to start and then drop progressively to £90, expecting it to sell at around that figure if not sold within 12 months. We have none on our books at present and are offered them by the ‘truck load’

Makes interesting reading

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom