Mcitp

Discussion in 'PC and I.T support/Advice posts' started by WLeg, Aug 30, 2008.

1. WLeg

WLeg Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CT-200h, VW Polo, Rav4,
    Do the combined IT Bods feel that this is/will be a useful cert ?

MCITP: Server Administrator
    MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
    MCITP: Enterprise Client Administrator

I've picked up my CCNA and MCSE (2003) this year, and can now only afford to get either the CCNP or MCITP.....As most of my time is MS based, the MCITP is more (read easier) achievable, but the CCNP might be more rewarding (read pays better)...on the other side, there will be lots of companies looking to up from 2003 to 2008 soon.....

Also, if anyone is thinking of going for any of these courses, let me know....the company I use (link above) offer recommendation payments, etc....and they are good - I got both certs, first time, and ecen had fun doing it...

2. columb

columb Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W212
    CCNP if you are interested in networks. I don't see people going now for 2008...

What about Linux?

Cheers
    Chris
    (MCSE:S+M)

3. Shude

Shude MB Club Veteran

Car:
    CLK55 AMG
    IIRC you only need to take one exam to upgrade your MCSE 2003 to those 2008 qualifications, all are awarded from the one exam. Might be worth a gamble for £88 +vat with their second-shot offer atm... :)

4. whizzkid11

whizzkid11 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    The upgrade from MCSE 2003 - 2008 is a 3-in-1 exam - basically all the 3 minimum req 2008 rolled into 1.

I tok the MCITP Server Admin, and the MCITP Enterprise Admin - its all useful - people are beginning to move towards 2008 in the environment. Currently QA and Beta testing in some of the larger corporations, and I can see them being rolled out a lot more next year.

The things to remember is that Exchange 2007, SQL 2008 and MOSS 2007 are all being implemented - along WIth System Centre Manager, MOM, DPM and OC being used a lot of as well.

So basically, GO FOR IT !

Tags: