McLaren F1 goes up in Flames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
See the tradegy HERE

One of my customers who is the CEO of a big mining company has one of these and they are a truly awesome car, I turn green with envy everytime I see it, so a real shame to see one end up like this.

Do McLaren not have the facility to remake the bits? If the car is worth so much surely its worth shipping back to the for a proper factory repair to be effected?

Big question is why would such an expensive car land up with a fire in the engine compartment in the first place :eek::eek:

Just had a response to the e mail I sent my customer telling him about the fire. His is a 1997 F1 and is insured for £3,0000,000 :eek:

In 1997 the car cost £637,000 new and has appreciated in value every year.

He reckons the one destroyed through fire will increase the value of those left by around £250,000 as there are now only 63 cars left

Scary money :)

Following recent news of insurance scammers crashing into cars, maybe I should offer my 'services' to your customer to crash into some of the reaming 63 McLarens. I'd only charge £100k for each one I wrote off ;)

Following recent news of insurance scammers crashing into cars, maybe I should offer my 'services' to your customer to crash into some of the reaming 63 McLarens. I'd only charge £100k for each one I wrote off ;)

Pretty sure most of them never come out of the Garage :dk:

Like this woman, I'd not let a garage door get in my way!

But it was a BMW so it does not really matter :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom