McLaren P1 in the local £5 car wash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Conquistador

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 S350L BlueTec
Spend £850,000 on a hypercar then take it to the local £5 a time car wash. Wonder if they got the inside done for a tenner?

Attachments

• image-130135547.jpg
    image-130135547.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 278
It's highly likely that the owner spends his time doing what the car was made to do; drive the bloody thing instead of rubbing it all weekend!

Many of these supercars belong to Car Clubs and the members book the cars for the weekend etc.

I wonder if they got a TIP:D

Looks like a mp4-12c not a p1.

It's highly likely that the owner spends his time doing what the car was made to do; drive the bloody thing instead of rubbing it all weekend!

If I had one of those, I'd probably rub it all weekend too. :eek: In between, I'd drive the car and then take it to the carwash afterwards. :D

A bigger crime is the colour!

As said above, that's not a P1 ;)

I believe the biggest crime is taking it to a car scratch, sorry car wash in the first place! I wouldn't take a £300 banger to one

the car will leave cleaner than when it left, what is the issue?

The car may appear cleaner at first glance but in reality the likelihood is that the paintwork would be damaged and require a number of hours of paint correction afterwards.

The car may appear cleaner at first glance but in reality the likelihood is that the paintwork would be damaged and require a number of hours of paint correction afterwards.

Quite right.

I had the bonnet professionally resprayed in April and it looked the business.

Unfortunately living in a flat in Central London and parking on the street mean I can't wash the car myself.

The car is regularly washed at '£5 hand car wash' establishments around where I live, and now 5 months later the bonnet is once again covered in swirl marks (which is why I now fear sunny days...)

the car will leave cleaner than when it left, what is the issue?

That is fine as long as the cars isn't yours. This is why I suspect it to be a Car Club car.

That is fine as long as the cars isn't yours. This is why I suspect it to be a Car Club car.

I take my car when it's dirty to a local car wash place, it comes out cleaner. Only modern car I hear of that rusts is a Mercedes. I've never had one but I've had fords, Hondas bmws etc all taken to the car wash place as I hate washing cars and none of them rusted or needed repainted. My brother takes his 10yr old Toyota there and it not rusty so car wash places like that are fine. The car won't need repainted unless the driver hits something and perforates the paint or it's painted badly to begin with

I have driven my cars across most of Europe and taken great pleasure in the open road hours of driving till i cant stay awake any longer,
and the consequences of the body work being battered by stones, rocks (Pyrenees) gravel roads (Turkey) snow & ice, sand etc etc,
a £5 car wash isnt worrying me the cost of fuel stopping me from my love of driving is more worrying than a couple of scratches.

I drive, not interested in buying a car to pose around in worrying about puddles or pot holes high kerbs I might scratch my AMG wheels on,
if you spend your time cleaning and preening your Merc thats fine
I get my enjoyment from using my Merc by driving the thing not standing there admiring it from the outside but inside behind the wheel.

I have driven my cars across most of Europe and taken great pleasure in the open road hours of driving till i cant stay awake any longer,
and the consequences of the body work being battered by stones, rocks (Pyrenees) gravel roads (Turkey) snow & ice, sand etc etc,
a £5 car wash isnt worrying me the cost of fuel stopping me from my love of driving is more worrying than a couple of scratches.

I drive, not interested in buying a car to pose around in worrying about puddles or pot holes high kerbs I might scratch my AMG wheels on,
if you spend your time cleaning and preening your Merc thats fine
I get my enjoyment from using my Merc by driving the thing not standing there admiring it from the outside but inside behind the wheel.

Agreed, not everyone cares about how their car looks.

I guess I am half-way between the duct-tape-repair-will-do-me-fine brigade and OCD Detailers.

I am annoyed by the sight of the swirl marks when the sun is bright, but clearly not annoyed enough to actually do something about it and get the car washed where supercars owners go.

(I say 'owners' because I seriously doubt that the bloke in the photo actually owns the car her took to the £5 car wash)

drive the bloody thing instead of rubbing it all weekend!

You can do both although the latter can make it sore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom